Vesper SpectraPly Solid Pink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from qquake

qquake

This is a Vesper stylus pen in chrome, from PSI. The blank is a SpectraPly solid pink. I bought ten of the blanks on Cousineau Wood Products' special. Very pretty blank, actually. I'll be making six of these pens for the girls at work. This is the first, five more to go.

Attachments

• done08.JPG
    done08.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 130
  • done09.JPG
    done09.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 119
  • done10.JPG
    done10.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 130
  • done11.JPG
    done11.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 130
  • done01.JPG
    done01.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 260
  • done02.JPG
    done02.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 211
  • done03.JPG
    done03.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 197
  • done04.JPG
    done04.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 174
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Jim I have avoided this question for quite some time but this is one that just begs asking. I love all your pens so please do not take this the wrong way because you are not the only one who does it. Why so many photos of the same pen?? Anyway you turn the pen it looks basically the same. I can see showing the best side and maybe 180 degree on the other side but to take that many shots:):) Some people flip the pen upside down and shoot the same photo. I just do not get it so please help me understand the logic here. As I said I mean no ill will about my question. I am seriously asking so I have a better understanding of this photo stuff.

magpens

I like that pen, Jim !!!!

And to partially answer JohnT ... I like all the photos. For me it is a pleasure to look at all sides of the pen. . And it is also useful to look at the same side with two photos taken from opposite ends of the pen (different perspective).

There are a number of advantages.
1) a better look at the kit components (sometimes can tell if the clip is solid metal or folded metal)
2) in the case of laminates (like Spectraply, Dymondwood, etc.) can tell if it is straight or angle cut
3) can better tell if the kit you used is one that I would like to buy and try
4) get a better idea of the finish
5) can sometimes see how well the turning blank matches the size of the hardware (!!)
6) can better tell if the blank has interesting wood grain, knots, acrylic pour features
7) get an indication of the protrusion of the ballpoint nib for that pen kit style
8) compare your results with what I like to see in my own pens
9) other things that I cannot think of right now

Keep up the good work, Jim !!!! :)

Last edited:

qquake

You got it right, Mal! I post so many pictures of the pens I make, so that others can see all the details of the pen and blank, and decide if one or both are something they would like to try. The different positions and angles give varying views of all sides. This is also why I don't take fancy photos with different backgrounds and props. I want the pen to be the focal point. Besides, I just like taking pictures!

jttheclockman

Thanks Mal and Jim for the explanation. Will be looking at them differently now. Keep doing what you are doing Jim. It is working. I did get one of those blanks in my box when I ordered them too. I want to try to incorporate the cancer ribbon somehow also. Those blanks are some really vivid colors. Thanks for showing.

qquake

I see photos of a lot of pens on the forum, and when there are only one or two photos, I feel like something is missing. I want to see it from all angles. Oh, and I take a lot more photos than I post. There have been a lot of times when someone asked for clarification on something, and I was able to post a photo or two of it. I also like having the extra photos when I reply to a pertinent thread.

qquake

Got two more done. I've noticed some slightly different grain patterns in some of the blanks.

Attachments

• done12.JPG
    done12.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 156
  • done13.JPG
    done13.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 161
  • done14.JPG
    done14.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 187

qquake

This is my first time making Vesper pens. I must say I'm not happy with the tip design. To assemble it, you put the stylus on the stylus holder, and then screw this into the nib. The first three went okay, but on the fourth the stylus tore when I was screwing it in. Now I have to contact PSI, and wait who knows how long to get replacement parts.

Attachments

• tip02.jpg
    tip02.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 183
  • tip03.jpg
    tip03.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 133
  • tip05.jpg
    tip05.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 142

qquake

I decided to preassemble the last two tips, and wouldn't you know it. Another stylus tore. Not happy at all.

Attachments

• tip06.jpg
    tip06.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 125
  • tip07.jpg
    tip07.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 101
Top Bottom