A very special pen .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This pen represents almost two months of planning , designing , building and finishing . The idea came to me when Skiprat posted his welding rod pen , I really liked the looks of that pen (for several weeks this pen was called the "Skiprat Pen") . Since I don't have a metal lathe ....yet.... I started thinking about using brass rods instead of stainless steel . I didn't want to copy his pen so I was looking for another way to hold it all together when noticed Rick Herrell's window cartridge pen , so I set off to combine the two looks and this is what I came up with .

1_PMGpen5.jpg

1_PMGpen1.jpg
1_PMGpen4.jpg

1_PMGpen3.jpg
1_PMGpen2.jpg

All photos are by Patricia Lawson

This is a very special pen , because of it and everyone on the IAP , I am the newest member of the Pen Makers Guild .
I want to thank everyone here , and say a special thanks to Skiprat for the idea and Rick for the vessel to put it in .

As always , comments welcome

Last edited:

USAFVET98

Congrats on the acceptance Butch. From the looks of this pen, it is well deserved.
Thanks for sharing the great news and a beautiful pen.

Brian

PaulDoug

Congratulations Butch, and well deserved. That is an awesome pen. Just AWESOME!

Err, can I still be on your friend list???

jedgerton

Wow, that's one cool pen. I have no idea how to go about doing something so creative. Congrats on the PMG. Just remember all of us little people :).

John

ldb2000

Thank you everybody . My head is still spinning . I can't believe I made it . I have always been a jack of all trades but this is the first time I have ever been able to put it all together and be able to go beyond being a jack (Add an ending to that word if you like , it fits:biggrin:) .
This pen was made with the knowledge that I received here from all of you . This place has been an inspiration .

Skiprat , will you now please build a kitless slimline with a cross refill and post it in the challenge page ?

Paul , you'll always be on my list :):confused::eek:

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Wow!! That is an absolutely fabulous pen Butch. Congratulations on your acceptance to the PMG!!!! I am so happy for you, and you truly deserve it.

I think it's finally time to change your tagline to Professional Pen Builder!

akbar24601

Holy Cow Butch!!! That is so AWESOME!!!!! I am so happy for you! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!! You have got to be just BEAMING!!!! and rightfully so!!!! Great job and great execution on the pen as well!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!! :):):)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
LOL, when I read the e-mail from Kurt, welcoming you to the PMG, I had no idea who this Luther guy was. It was only when Rick said 'Welcome Butch' that the penny dropped.:biggrin:

You have made a fantastic pen for your PMG entry, but you have made several previous pens that would also have got you in and it was not a surprise that you got in.:wink:

I'm honoured that you mentioned my pen. But that pen wasn't that original either. The wire clip design belongs to Bruce Boone and the rod design came from a post here that someone made about Porsche Design pens.

Very many congrats on your PMG entry, but you will now NEVER be allowed to make another kit pen in your life!!!:biggrin::eek:

Cheers
Steven

J

jackrichington

Now you are a Jack ? Hold on I'm Jack..you are
awesome and deserving of your admission

Daniel

Great job Butch, It is amazing to me how far the making of pens is going. You have done the craft good with this one.

dasimm

Meticulous, artistic, and very well designed...
And you are gracious about it ta boot...
IMHO - a well deserved acceptance into the PMG...

Congratulations.

- David

Top Bottom