Very Rare wood pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from txcwboy

txcwboy

I friendly online wood retailer went out of business and had this left over. He was kind enough to give it to me. Chittam Burl.Only grows in ARK and off Mountains I am told. It is very difficult to harvast also. Dynamite is used to remove it from the rock. I had an oppurtunity to get a realllly bright yellow stabilized piece that would have made 2 pens probably but didnt want to pay the $55 it was being offered at. Now there is no more :( Comments welcome.

Dave

Attachments

• chittamburl1.jpg
    chittamburl1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 548
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Holy crap!! I've been wanting some of that!! It has a very small natural range. It grows in a small portion of Arkansas, North Central Alabama (Where I'm at), and a small portion of Texas (I think). I want some simply because it grows naturally on Monte Sano Mountain here, but That is mostly state park land, so no getting it there.

mick

Dave,
That's a sweet looking pen. I've made two from some Chittam burl I had. One I sold for a very handsome price..:biggrin:. The other is mine....all mine..:biggrin:

Holy crap!! I've been wanting some of that!! It has a very small natural range. It grows in a small portion of Arkansas, North Central Alabama (Where I'm at), and a small portion of Texas (I think). I want some simply because it grows naturally on Monte Sano Mountain here, but That is mostly state park land, so no getting it there.
Robert we did the Monte Sano art show a couple weeks ago and I talked to one of the rangers in charge of the park. He has all my contact info and is going to be on the lookout for a burl for me. Hopefully it'll pan out!

ken69912001

Here is a pen I made during a pen swap.
1_DSC03624.jpg

And here is another pen made of Smoketree Burl (Chittam)

Still have enough for about 8 pens. Life is good!!!!

Attachments

• DSC04084.JPG
    DSC04084.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 99
Top Bottom