Very figured cross cut Spanish olive Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from patmurris

patmurris

Hi all! :)

I recently traded, with an olive craft shop woodworker of my area, one of my local cross cut olive Vertex for a very figured Spanish olive plank that i cutted sideways. This qualify as exhibition grade olive IMO:

Tournage%20Stylos%2090_800.jpg

Finish: fifteen coats thin CA, MM 3600-12000, and buffing.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi all! :)

I recently traded, with an olive craft shop woodworker of my area, one of my local cross cut olive Vertex for a very figured Spanish olive plank that i cutted sideways. This qualify as exhibition grade olive IMO:

Finish: fifteen coats thin CA, MM 3600-12000, and buffing.

Now, that's what I call Olive Paradise...!:eek::wink:

On your last cross cut Olive pen, and also on this one, some members are asking if you have any more of these blanks, I haven't seen your answer nor I know if you endup sending some away or not.

This brings me to the question, are/can you sell some of these type blanks...??? as we all know that Olive Pen blanks only appear for sale (in 99% of cases) in the straight cut type, regardless of the grade.

If you can not provide some of these type blanks to our members, I may be able to, as I'm that 1% of those selling Olive pen blanks that cuts them also in diagonal and cross cut, same with the Wild Olive #20 so, let us know and I may be able to get a few together for these guys here...!

Disclaimer: This is not an add nor an offer to sale, this is only an observation pertinent to the subject of the OP and the reaction from some of our members. If any sales are to occur, they will be made through a proper add on the Individual classifieds so if you have any questions in relation to these type blanks, please do not use this thread to do so, send me a PM, instead...!
Thank you

Cheers
George

Last edited:

patmurris

Thanks a lot for the nice comments!

I believe i did privately answer those of you who would be willing to buy some blanks - at least on my previous olive pen thread, and if i missed someone, please forgive me... The truth is i haven't sold any timber yet and still have to sort out a few things, but i'm slowly heading that way and that should happen soon.

patmurris

May I ask why you went with Many coats of thin Ca and not Medium? Have never tried that many thin coats. Just asking. Thanks and a very nice pen.
...well, i have been doing acceptable CA finishes for just a few month now and i'm still learning. Thin CA is easy whereas medium is more delicate to apply without lots of grooves, at least in my short experience, so i stick to what i can manage right now. Medium and even thick CA are on my list, but i definitely need to practice. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom