Vertex Red Mallee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from propencity

propencity

Had to be careful turning this one; had to first seal the hairline cracks along the ends with CA. This Red Mallee seems easier to turn than the Brown Mallee. I'm beginning to really like these single barrel kits (Zen, Vertex, Sierra).

Thanks for looking
Mark
DSC_0010-1.jpg
DSC_0015-1-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

propencity

I also like the Long Clicker pen from CSUSA. I think it is a better built clicker than the others out there. The vertex also makes a click pen but personally I prefer the long clicker; it just seems like it will hold out longer than the others. The vertex and the Zen is quickly becoming my favorites. I like the fact that it is one tube, one drill bit, the width of the pen is not too bulky and heavy as the other rollerballs, and having the same size bushings and couplers on each end, you can easily switch the nib and finial ends without having to disassemble.

PenPal

Mark, Red mallee is mostly tougher to turn than Brown Mallee. When you turn the Vertex this time you went seriously thin on the brass not much timber left. I believe you did well.

The Mallees are our best kept secret alongside Huon Pine Burl. If you send me a pm I will send you a Brown Mallee Burl blank that will impress you as well. Also your eMail addy and I will send a pic from the slice next to the pen blank.

Kind regards Peter.

propencity

Hello Peter. I love the Mallees. Here are pics from the other 2 pens (Statesman Jr an Cigar) I did awhile back. I would be interested to see also what Huon Pine Burl looks like on a pen.

BrownMalleeStatesmanJr.jpg

299_Cigar_AustralianBrownMallee.jpg

PenPal

Mark,

To clarify my offer was to physically via air mail send you a Brown Mallee blank from the next cut of the pen box pictured from the same slice the pen in the box came from.

When I sliced the Burl it was so amazing, tight and wildly patterned replicated slice by slice.

So I need another pm with your address to post.

The first pic to show you just what surprises lurk in timber the Embryo just popped in turning the top of the pen in Brown Mallee.

So all Brown Mallee from the one Burl two pens one Brown Mallee almost totally hidden in the box and a Huon pine pen as well.

If you feel I have overpopulated your post please forgive me.

Curiously I just completed two Vertex Pens where I cut through the first blank near the ends so I know how thin it gets from this weeks experience. Made another one both Hex cut, no pics pen sent as a swap no pic from me before I sent. I will resurrect the first Vertex using Ebony bands one day.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0008.jpg
    DSCF0008.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF0025.jpg
    DSCF0025.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF0023.jpg
    DSCF0023.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF0046.JPG