Vertex Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MarkY

MarkY

In gunmetal with an old bit of wormy apple.

DSC05090.jpg

20120429143220.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkY

I feel like I haven't worked out the vertex style. My last one I left it quite fat thinking that the hexagonal bits of the kit needed it to look good. This one I've almost got a concave under the clip (you can see it in the second photo).
Any suggestions on how to shape the blank on one of these things?
I suspect that I'll never really love then.

PenPal

I like your pen for its turning and sheen.

Personally I was over the moon when I first laid eyes on the Vertex and still believe it is heaven sent to have a hex cut timber sheathing.

It would be rude of me to put a pic on this posting because it belongs to your pen.

Just saying.

Thanks for showing your pen MarkY

Kind regards Peter.

MarkY

I like your pen for its turning and sheen.

...still believe it is heaven sent to have a hex cut timber sheathing...

Thanks Peter,
True, it would look great hexagonal... I'm fixated with the 'limitation' of round pens.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Good mix of style, kit and material and well done on the turning and finishing. I have an order for one of these in chrome with BOW for a graduating wife of a friend receiving her doctorate. I am a little concerned with the click, that's what he wants, because of all of the bad press the clickers have gotten. Anyone have experience with the click version?
WB

carpblaster

I loved the pen, i made one and while letting someone look at it i dropped it and the clicker top broke,just my luck, it would not stay glued so it stays open unless stick something in top to click it,otherwise there a great pen and yours is the best yet
carpblaster

MarkY

Thanks

Any suggestions on how to shape the blank on one of these things?
I like to turn the barrel straight (a perfect cylinder) but larger then the bushings, with a bevel at each end to match the kit parts.

I was thinking that might be a good idea. Thanks for posting the picture. I'll try that on my next one (I've got some figured Cottonwood waiting on the mandrel).

Top Bottom