Vertex Brushed Satin Click / Blackwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from adirondak5

adirondak5

Had a piece of Blackwood in the shop for a few years now I guess , turned it today . PSI Vertex Brushed Satin Click . The Blackwood was not as dark as I hoped but still made a nice pen .

V5pdWRQ.png

BJC8kC7.png

And blank

Kog6i2o.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Terrific Pen, Herb.
The "Blackwood" Blank, looks pretty "Black" to me.
Just about every Country has a "Blackwood" Tree, Any Idea what the one you used was?
Excellent Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

qquake

Nice looking pen! It looks to me like your photos are a bit underexposed, which probably makes the blank look "blacker" than it really is.

adirondak5

Terrific Pen, Herb.
The "Blackwood" Blank, looks pretty "Black" to me.
Just about every Country has a "Blackwood" Tree, Any Idea what the one you used was?
Excellent Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Thank you Brian , its African Blackwood , Dalbergia melanoxylon . I should have been more precise in my discription . I used a carbide tool to turn it start to finish and it worked a treat .

Very nice, indeed !!!!!

Thanks much Mal

Nice looking pen! It looks to me like your photos are a bit underexposed, which probably makes the blank look "blacker" than it really is.

Thanks Jim . You are right about the pictures , I just used my shop camera to take some quick pictures , the shop camera is just an old smart phone no longer used as a phone , but its so convenient to just snap the picture , upload to dropbox and so on. I really should get the good camera out and start taking better pictures .

bpgoldo

Good choice of wood and kit finish....not so much on your lighting. Pull that lamp closer so we can ore appreciate your hard work and great choices.

adirondak5

Good choice of wood and kit finish....not so much on your lighting. Pull that lamp closer so we can ore appreciate your hard work and great choices.

Yes , the pictures are not good , smart phone pics in bad lighting . The only other picture I have is one of the blank on the lathe , not completely turned all the way , but the lighting is better . The pen itself is on its way to Phoenix as of this morning , a gift . In the future , I will get the good camera out and try to take better photos .

hlBmguM.png

Top Bottom