Venus/Toni's PC, Fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

Some of you may have seen this picture posted last night on Facebook, so i thought i might share it here on the IAP. Especially since some may question that i still know how to assemble a pen:biggrin:. This is one on Toni's PC blanks dressed out in a Venus fountain pen with Rhodium plating. I swapped out the nib with a polished Bock nib. Hope you all enjoy! I'm a little rusty on my photography but I am working on it! I should also say that this pen was made exclusively for LOML. She has been begging me to make her a fountain pen with one of Toni's blanks, who knows, maybe this will pull in some orders from the girls in her X-Ray department.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sdoerr

Seamus, that is beautiful. Today, I just finished two of Toni's blanks on Venus rollerballs. Don't have pictures yet but will post when I get them. Question, where did you get the Venus fountain pen?
Thanks,
Steve

PenPal

Hi Seamus Congratulations on this pen of Tonis handywork I was going to tease you by saying I enlarged it and found a detail of the kit was strange but resisted that, recently I commented on Ed Streets making of some of Tonis creations and said to Toni how pleased I was for Ed to
give special attention with her blanks. It is refreshing when people help each other.

Give your wife my regards she will be thrilled with this one just the right amount of bling trust all is well with you and yours.

Kind regards Peter and Wilma.

seamus7227

thank you for all of the compliments!

Seamus, that is beautiful. Today, I just finished two of Toni's blanks on Venus rollerballs. Don't have pictures yet but will post when I get them. Question, where did you get the Venus fountain pen?
Thanks,
Steve

Steve,
I actually took the fountain section from a Jr Statesman fountain kit, changed out the nib and used that! Sometimes you can buy the rollerball kits to include a fountain section so i had some extra from other kits. The fit was flawless on the Venus components!

edstreet

That is a beautiful pen! Is the PC difficult to turn?

Probably the easiest blank to finish. The hard part is already done. You just need to do some ever so light sanding at 800-1500 grit then put a CA finish on it and do some very light trimming of the ends and you are done. It is that simple. I would suggest not using a pen mil but use sandpaper on a flat surface. It sands very well and easy to do.

seamus7227

I took Ed's advise above and everything went well! I must say that i was a little nervous but more so because of the unknown. This pen was so easy to make that i would highly recommend anyone interested in making one to do so!

Ambidex

I took Ed's advise above and everything went well! I must say that i was a little nervous but more so because of the unknown. This pen was so easy to make that i would highly recommend anyone interested in making one to do so!

Incredibly beautiful pen and pics. I think you may have talked me into trying one of Tonis' gorgeous blanks. Till now I've got butterflies in my stomach thinking about screwing one of those works of art up:redface:. Do you have any other thoughts on what kits would compliment her blanks, or are they all made purposely for certain kits? George

walshjp17

Toni usually makes the blanks for specific kits/series. For example, she makes them for Jr. Series (Gent, Statesman, etc.) or Sierra series (Sierra, WS II, Gatsby, Le Roi, etc.) and others.

seamus7227

Till now I've got butterflies in my stomach thinking about screwing one of those works of art up:redface:. Do you have any other thoughts on what kits would compliment her blanks, or are they all made purposely for certain kits? George

the cool thing about her blanks, besides being really easy to do, is that they are made for a few standard designs, but those designs cover a variety of pen component options. Jr Gent series: Jr Gent II, jr statesman, jr victor, jr marshall, majestic jr., atrax(did i miss any) those are also for both rollerball and fountain pens. Also, they are made on Sierra tubes so there are a few options there as well. I think i have also seen her blanks made on the slim line tubes and maybe a couple of others styles, but for the most part, the more popular styles are what you typically find.

edstreet

Incredibly beautiful pen and pics. I think you may have talked me into trying one of Tonis' gorgeous blanks. Till now I've got butterflies in my stomach thinking about screwing one of those works of art up:redface:. Do you have any other thoughts on what kits would compliment her blanks, or are they all made purposely for certain kits? George

I would call it more a 'series' than phrases like 'specific kits' 'certain kits'. The 'series' has a wide range of options open to you. As I did in this thread. http://www.penturners.org/forum/f56/dragon-sceptre;-gent-tube-conversion-114232/

As for complimentary goes I like to match trim, plating and shape. As for screwing one up that is not impossible by no means but considering what needs to be done that is very difficult. As the saying goes; measure twice and cut once.

I to was hesitant at first as I did not want to do any damage but I realized polymer clay is PVC pipe. One day, soonish I hope, I plan on doing some destructive testing and post results.

Top Bottom