Venus with Cav's Uni Pink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Have not seen many Venus pens posted since they came out, so I thought I'd make one with Cav's Uni Pink polyresin from exoticblanks.
The few women I have shown this pen to have really liked it. Hope it's a good seller.

Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LeeR

Keith,

Really nice looking pen - my daughter would love a pen using one of those blanks. How difficult are they to turn? I've made 10 pens so far, all wood, and I've not even ventured into burls, wanting instead to practice on "traditional" wood blanks.

I'd also be interested in how you finished this pen. I've added the Micro Mesh pads to my toolbox for finishing wood blanks, but not sure what I should look to for finishing the man-made materials, or at least this one in particular.

IPD_Mrs

Keith,

I'd also be interested in how you finished this pen. I've added the Micro Mesh pads to my toolbox for finishing wood blanks, but not sure what I should look to for finishing the man-made materials, or at least this one in particular.

Nice looking pen Keith. I'm not personally a big "pink" fan other than during BC month - but you did that proud!!!

Can't speak as to how Keith finished his pen of course, but we use micro mesh on acrylic, tru-stone, lucite, bakelite and basically most all man-made materials we turn. We follow micro-mesh up using the Novus polishes and then a coat of ren-wax.
Using this method we have had virtually NO problems getting a GORGEOUS shine out of any of them.

Hope this helps.

Mrs.

ctubbs

Great job Keith. That one will fly out the door. Better get more in soon or you will be having to throw rocks back.
Charles

mrburls

Keith,

Nice looking pen Keith. I'm not personally a big "pink" fan other than during BC month - but you did that proud!!!

Can't speak as to how Keith finished his pen of course, but we use micro mesh on acrylic, tru-stone, lucite, bakelite and basically most all man-made materials we turn. We follow micro-mesh up using the Novus polishes and then a coat of ren-wax.
Using this method we have had virtually NO problems getting a GORGEOUS shine out of any of them.

Hope this helps.

Mrs.

Lee, As Mike and Linda mention use micro-mesh but then I use Caswell buffing compounds. I really like the way they work. I use to use Novus polishes (and still do sometimes) after the micro-mesh. I also wet sand with the micro-mesh.

wiset1

Great job...looks way better than mine! I don't care for pink in general, but this one has a sweet look to it once spun. Your kit is nice as well. Awesome work

Top Bottom