Venice Murrine Glass Inlay Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jontello

Jontello

I have been looking for new materials for my pens since I arrived here in Italy. I found some really small Murrine glass pieces in a store here and thought that they would be great to incorporate into my pens. The glass is handmade in Venice, Italy and are beautiful. I was not sure how I was going to accomplish this because it is mini glass and I knew I could not use a skew.

It took a few tries but was finally successful. Like how this looked like and I know how to make this better for the next pen.

I included a picture as to how small they are so you can get an idea. This is a penny.

Thanks for looking.

Jon

f39b6ca28d5eb56f469dff5e106dd32a.jpg
a6a07354c708c73d6e97314ad120b402.jpg
d729bc67cdf2aeb19530e63aae5b1f2b.jpg
54e361e0599ee2e242a46ef816469b95.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stuckinohio

Wow. That is cool and those are definitely tiny!
You constantly come up with interesting new ideas for this hobby. Definitely have an artistic eye for it :)

Lewis

Argo13

Very cool Jon! We missed you at the MPG. Would loved to have seen you with the other creative pen makers that were there. Keep coming up with new ideas my friend!

OZturner

Excellent Pen, Jon,
Brilliant Use of Venetian Murrine Miniature Hollow Glass Tube Beads on the Blank, in a Cast Insert.
Great Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Last edited:

robutacion

I have no doubts of you amazing creativity and I would have to agree that using glass on/for pens is not an easy task, being so small it will add to the difficulty, however after you find what works to deal with the glass cutting and shaping, the task becomes a lot easier and I believe you are at that stage right now, congrats...!

Best of luck...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom