A Vase from the Ming Dynasty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

More experimenting..... Hand painted barrels, using metal powders over black ebonite. This was my take on the Uroshi Maki-e art.

20053918048_m_vase_apt.jpg

20053918124_m_Vase_cls.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

Gold flake in polyester? I like the splotchy end of this one better than the aluminum look of the other pen. Looks fancy.

JimGo

VERY cool pen Anthony! Is the top (sorry...bottom) entirely threaded, or is only the inside threaded? And how the heck did you get the inconsistent coloring in the top one? Inquiring minds want to know... :)

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I think I know how he did it because we were talking about a new technique he is trying in a phone call... but I ain't gonna tell... so there...
That is for Tony to take the stage on...

PenWorks

Jim, it is only threaded enough to hold it together. If you turn the fountain pen over, it slips in the holder upright as well, by friction.

All the pens I posted today were hand painted.

Thanks for the comments.

PenWorks

Your right RT, I haven't done sh*t today at work, except play pens and sell two pens. I did answer the phone twice. I really should be golfing, it is about 80 degrees today. LOL

Oh, I put a calligraphy nib on this and it is now my new desk pen.

Randy_

Top or bottom.......I agree with eagle.

Anthony: You and I are weird. Only two people who I know that use a calligraphy nib in our everyday pens!! When I write with a regular ball pen it turns out like "doctor writing"....even I can't read it half of the time??? When I use the calligraphy nib(1.5 mm) I get regular compliments about how nice my handwriting is. I just say thanks and do not divulge the secret!!![:D]

Only problem is not having enough space to fill out "forms." Paper is sooo expensive and in such short supply that folks who make up "forms" expect you to fill them out with script that requires a "glass" to be read!!!

Fleabit

Different! ummm Different!......UMMMMM overall.......COOL! Wasn't to keen on it until I read that the bottom acts like a "vase". Than it all came togather. I like the idea. The hand painting is great! You are going to need to write a book on all these different color schemes you come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom