Various Pens I have done this year

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Slyotter

Slyotter

Here is a few of the pens I have done last year and this year. I started turning in 07, and joined IAP last year but have not been to active until recently (no lathe to work on, so I have more time to read the forums)

The pens I have here are:
CEO dressed in black palm CA was used to help keep the lighter wood from turning to dust (big problem learned as I was turning). Finish was Mylands and Ren Wax.

The box is full of various kits I have on hand. All were finished with Mylands friction polish, and then sprayed with laquer. (Still haven't figured out the CA finish yet.)

The pens it the box are:
-Combo pen african blackwood grip and dark Abrosya burl
-Combo pen Ambrosya burl
-Power pen/pencil set in snakewood
-two slims in Asian satinwood (the left one is a click)
-Slim in purplehears (recently finished haven't set the pen to turn purple yet)
-Euro Roller Clip in redheart
-Euro Roller Clip w/ letter opener in Kingwood (love the smell of this wood!)

(second box pic)
-Power pencil in Wenge
-Power pens in Purpleheart, Kingwood, tulipwood
-Technical pen in Tigerwood
-24k Sierra Click in Tulipwood
-Various Sierra kits in Purpleheart, Kingwood, Koa, Asian Satinwood, Redheart

The slimline is one of several where I was learning to eliminate kit parts. This one is blackwood with Paduk accents, finished as all my pens at the time Mylands and then spray laquer.

The last pen is a Combo pen (24k) dressed in Abrosya burl. Was for a customer who ended up choosing a different pen ( I make two slightly different pens for a custom job, this lets the customer have something to choose from. AND provides me with a second pen to sell, plus the added benefit of the practice)

Attachments

• CEO with Black Palm.JPG
    CEO with Black Palm.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Various pens.JPG
    Various pens.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 210
  • More pens.JPG
    More pens.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 194
  • Slimeline in Blackwood and Paduk accents.JPG
    Slimeline in Blackwood and Paduk accents.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 187
  • Combo pen in Ambrosia burl.JPG
    Combo pen in Ambrosia burl.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 172
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Slyotter

Thanks, I really enjoy making the pens. I have even sold most of the ones I have made, while I was still in the States. Now I have gifted almost all the rest to various Military Diplomats here in Peru. They love gifts that are represenative of eachother's countries but really love the ones that are made. They weren't sure at first about the wooden pens or bottle stoppers but now I can almost see the expectation when someone is departing to return home. ** NOTE TO SELF- FIND A LATHE FAST. Am running out of gifts!***

Slyotter

Picture number four is the first "Slimeline" pen I have seen.

:biggrin:

WOW took me forever to figure out what you were refering to. Just looked at the picture and saw the title of it. That is an old habit of adding u's and e's to words. The first as I learned to spell a lot of words the British way (colour, armour etc). But the e's I couldn't explain.

Top Bottom