Valentines Day Sale Burls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from low_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

I took in some acrylics last Friday to the Art Guild for an upcoming Valentines Day Sale. Here's a selection of burls and an oddity that will go in tomorrow. That oddity is on top. Woodcraft had small bundles of a wood called Kiaat. A couple of boards prompted me to buy the whole bundle. This blank runs the full gammit of color from cream/tan sapwood, a stripe of dark brown, then fantastic orange. Hopefully you can see all the colors. I added another scan to show the other side of the kiaat. With that closeup it doesn't look so orange. Next is quilted hard maple with a little burl, eucalyptus burl, quilted heart wood hard maple, and last is a spalted hard maple burl. I only got a couple of blanks from that last burl, most of it was too punky. But with that golden color, I feel happy to have gotten those few. It was a happy moment when the poly went on!!!!:D

200513134258_burlselection.jpg

200513134916_kiaat.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Nice pens! Is it my monitor or are the gold clips on the 3rd and 5th pens a different color from the rest of the hardware on those pens? Sometimes I can't trust my color vision so thought I would ask.

GlennM

I found this on kiaat. http://128.104.77.230/TechSheets/Chudnoff/African/new_html_docs/pteroc1new.html
Looks like an interesting wood to turn...
Great looking pens!

J. Fred Muggs

All good looking pens, Richard. I've done a number of kiatt pens as well as some larger bowls, etc. in kiatt. It really is a beautiful wood and works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom