Valentine Sale Acrylics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from low_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

Switched materials tonight to get ready for the guild sale. These are acrylics from WoodBin Ltd. Just love this material, these will be my first acrylics at the guild. It'll be interesting to see how they are recieved. I'll let you know next week.

Rich

20051284336_valentineacrylic.jpg

200513132018_whiteacrylic.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Very nice Rich, I would think any half way decent sales pitch to the guys why they should buy these for the wife for a Valintine gift, would be a sure thing.

make some heart shaped price tags for them so they get the HINT.

Anthony

low_48

They feel good in my hand Keith, hopefully others, but I've never heard a complaint. I cut the groove around 1 1/2" from the tip of the nib. My index finger doesn't come close, my thumb centers right in the groove. I think that it lets the thumb register right in there comfortably. I've never written a letter with one though. It's softened enough that I don't think there will be a friction or pressure point.

Rich

Efletche

Rich, very nice work. Did you have to paint the tubes first or is the material opaque enough?

low_48

Edward, The white came very close to being too transparent. There is just a shade of brass color. I think only a penturner could see it.

Tom, This is the best "plastic" I have turned. I've tried some PVC, cast nylon, and plexiglass. With all those materials the curls are so tough you have to cut them off if they wrap around the blank. This stuff is not as strong, you can break off the curls with your fingers. Cut too aggressively and it gets chippy, when it's just right, it's like peeling an apple. Keep lots of water by the drill press to cool the drill, or you could weld it to the drill bit.

Rich

pen-turners

Rich,
Did the tube show through on the white or did you have to paint it???? Let me know. I've got some of the white but have not had time to turn it yet.

Chris

low_48

Chris, I added a closeup of the white. You can just see a glint of brass. It doesn't bother me at all, but it's up to you.

Rich

bajacrazy

Very, nice close up. Thanks for sharing. I was saving the white one until I figured out what to do about the brass showing. Seeing yours makes me more comfortable about turning this one.[^]

Tropical

Very nice looking pens. I have yet to try acrylics. Still trying to get the hang of wood. [:I]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom