USS North Carolina Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fireengines

Fireengines

This year I purchased a part of the original teak deck off the USS North Carolina BB-55. Yesterday, I cut it up and made a pen out of it. Yes, there are some improvements I can make. All in all, a great piece of history though.

Attachments

• USS-North-Carolina.jpg
    USS-North-Carolina.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 442
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jmbaker79

Very Nice! I meant to do the same earlier this year, but it keeps slipping my mind! Think It could be a hot local item here in NC!

D.Oliver

Am I correct in assuming that the bars are part of a military uniform? What is the metal trinket? Possibly a dog tag?

mach9

I bought a single blank from some of that decking over a year ago. I really need to drag it out and fit it to a nice kit. Great looking pen! MJ

Fireengines

Both the dog tag and ribbons were my dad's from WWII.

For those of you wanting a piece of history, you can contact the Ship's Store, using the link above and order the plank for $35.00 plus shipping. Depending on what pen kit you use, each plank will yeild about six blanks. When ordering make sure when you talk to them you tell them you want one without a hole (where the bolt went in to secure the plank to the deck).

Also be very careful when cutting. I understand some planks may have small nails in them.

Last edited:

I used to live in Wilmington NC, where the battle ship is, It is an amazing ship to see. How did you get some of the decking, I would love some.

Top Bottom