USS North Carolina

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from randywa

randywa

I got it done last night. Thanks Yorkie. This is headed to the Ozarks Honor Flight. It's an Ultra Cigar, chrome and gold. The finish is 5 coats of tung oil, 2 days between coats. And I thought any military person would like the 5 coats of shoe polish on top.

Attachments

• Picture 167.jpg
    Picture 167.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture 171.jpg
    Picture 171.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 178
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andrew Arndts

5 coats of shoe polish is one thing... as long as you didn't spit on it to help buff out the polish.... :biggrin::laugh::laugh::laugh:

elody21

Great pen Randy!,
Maybe you could tell us a little more about the Honor Flights.Did you go on it with a veteran? I was interested in getting involved with the next one. Is there an active effort with anyone to supply pens for these flights?
For those who do not know what these are google Honor Flights. Very moving.
Alice

Last edited:

randywa

Great pen Randy!,
Maybe you could tell us a little more about the Honor Flights.Did you go on it with a veteran? I was interested in getting involved with the next one. Is there an active effort with anyone to supply pens for these flights?
For those who do not know what these are google Honor Flights. Very moving.
Alice

Our local news anchor is very involved with Honor Flight, so I just contacted him. I couldn't afford to sponsor a vet, so I thought I could help this way. I think the pen is going to be auctioned off. Here's a link to the Ozark Honor Flight. http://www.ky3.com/features/ozarkshonorflight/
I just feel like it;s a great cause, and when Yorkie put this wood out there, it seemed like a perfect match.

Top Bottom