USS Iowa BB-61 Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fireengines

Fireengines

I was lucky enough to find a few scraps of the teak wood decking from the battleship USS Iowa (BB-61). This is the pen I made using this wood.

This wood completes my collection of historic woods covering the entire history of the US Navy.

Happy 71st birthday Iowa! Commissioned February 22, 1943

Here is the history of this great ship: USS Iowa (BB-61) - Battleship - History, Specs and Pictures - Navy Ships

Attachments

• uss iowa pen.jpg
    uss iowa pen.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Very nice pen and such a great use of part of one of the greatest battleships of all times. Great fit and finish Thanks for sharing the history if the Iowa with us.

jimjam66

Nice pen with great provenance. On the other hand, your avatar drives me bonkers. I try not to look at it but it's like Hypnotoad - I can't look away ...

Fireengines

Battleship USS California (original decking when it was sunk at PH)

Battleship USS North Carolina

White Oak cut from beams that was going to be used in the repair of US Navy tall ships

Battleship USS Iowa

On the way - Old growth Redwood from Moffett Field Building One wherethe USS Macon was moored(circa 1933)

OZturner

Magnificent Pen Larry,
Fantastic Historic Blank,
Superb Fit and Finish,
A credit to you and a Worthy Tribute to those who Sailed Her.
Congratulations,
Brian.

kyaggie

Beautiful and very fitting that the hardware is the US made Liberty! It would be awesome to get wood for pens from the four Iowa-class battleships (Iowa, New Jersey, Wisconsin and Missouri)! That would be a set with unbelievable US naval history!

Great job,
Mike

Top Bottom