USPS Truck Stamp Series

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I finished up my truck stamp series today after having a go round with an airline. Turned the last one to vent my frustration. These stamps get transparent around the edges and the Chevy developed some mysterious spots, I might have to redo that one.

1938 International Harvester

View in Gallery

1948 Ford F-1

View in Gallery

1965 Ford F-100

View in Gallery

1953 Chevrolet

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Very cool!

We owned a 1952 Chevy pickup when I was a little tyke. Other than being green, it looked just like that 1953 stamp as best I can remember. :)

arkie

I finished up my truck stamp series today after having a go round with an airline. Turned the last one to vent my frustration. These stamps get transparent around the edges and the Chevy developed some mysterious spots, I might have to redo that one.

I have cast a number of blanks from these stamps without issue. <knock on wood> The transparency around the edges looks like resin may be getting behind the stamp and permeating the paper. I seal mine with a light and quick coat or two of CA to prevent that.

The spots on the Chevy could also be resin getting into the paper. I normally only see that when casting used stamps taken off paper, where the structure of the stamp has been compromised in the removal process. I haven't seen everything, by any means.

Brian G

I like them!

Apparently, when I was a year old, I drove a 1950-something red Chevy truck down a hill after I managed to knock the gearshift to neutral while my mom and dad loaded a cow onto the trailer the truck was pulling. I don't remember much about that joy ride.

and the Chevy developed some mysterious spots

My first vehicle was a used 1986 Chevy C-10 I bought to get me to graduate school; it developed some mysterious spots, too. I named it "Spot." Then the State of Maryland decided it wasn't suitable for driving on its roads, and condemned it. :frown:

OZturner

Great Collection of Truck Pens Cody,
I also think it could be the opacity of the edges of the stamps, being affected by the Resin.
Have you used any sealer on the Stamps?
As said previously, I Love your Stamp Work.
It is strange that this should occur now, it's is not like Stamps on Pens, are something new for you.
I'd be interested to hear what you resolve to be the cause.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Michael67

those stamps, are cast in resin? Could they be done in the application that applies them around a wood barrel with CA or something to that effect? Obviously, I haven't pursued the new types of blank making techniques, I'm still 10 years in the past...

Top Bottom