Using up some extra slimline kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tmeccariello

tmeccariello

I don't know why these are considered to be beginners pens. I feel like getting the transition unnoticeable from wood to tip requires some work. I know the components are cheap but after the work that goes into a 2 tube pen if I'm gonna sell one I want to get a decent amount out of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1563.jpg
    IMG_1563.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 363
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Nice pens. And that is why some say it is not best to start with slimlines and for the same reasons why some say it is best to start with slimlines, after all, once you get good at slimlines the other kits all fall in line.

mecompco

Very nice. I know, it makes little sense to turn Slims when they take more than twice the work of a nice fountain pen or upper scale two barrel pen. But, a nice, straight Slim does look nice to my eye. Although, I turned one with a hint more curve than I usually like and it sold right off on Etsy ($24.95 plus shipping), so what do I know?

Regards,
Michael

dogcatcher

Nice pens. I sell the Slimlines at the same price as the Sierra pens. The extra time is covered by the sales price just as the Sierra sales price is cost plus my time. I figure my sales prices based on cost and time. None of those "magical" number times the material costs.

OZturner

Nice Pens, Travis.
I consider Slimlines one of the Most Difficult Pens to Craft.
And as it was previously said, if you can build a Slimline, you are well on your way.
Nice selection of Blanks, Excellent Fit and Finish,
Congratulations,
Brian.

leehljp

Member Liaison
I am leaning more towards slimlines for a personal preference. I have a gold Cross pen that I have had for about 15 years. It is the expensive gold one. I just like the feel of a slim pen in my hands.

Any time Steve Axelrod wants to send me pen # 2 above, I will give it a TLC home! :biggrin:

Top Bottom