Used some old Blue Jeans

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Trux

Trux

Made up some blue jean blanks and put this on an apprentice jr. gent. Blanks are not cast- it's a glue up of multiple layers of jeans and cured in a press- kind of looks like blue wood when you turn it because of the layers.
Copyofpens2010174.jpg

Copyofpens2010173.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penl8the

Great looking pen. I like the look of it. It is different than other denim pens I have seen. How many layers of denim did you glue?

Trux

I cut 4"x7" squares and stack them until the thickness is a little more than what I'm looking for- so there are a bunch in the stack.

JD Combs Sr

Made up some blue jean blanks and put this on an apprentice jr. gent. Blanks are not cast- it's a glue up of multiple layers of jeans and cured in a press- kind of looks like blue wood when you turn it because of the layers.

What kind of glue did you use? I am guessing epoxy or maybe soaking it with catalyzed casting resin??:confused:

Trux

[/quote]

What kind of glue did you use? I am guessing epoxy or maybe soaking it with catalyzed casting resin??:confused:[/quote]

You can use epoxy but it takes about a 12oz cup of it- most of the time I use fiberglass resin (way cheaper)- soak each piece, stack and press. Never tried any casting resin but that would probably work too.

PaulDoug

That is one of the best I have see, very nice work. Be kind of neat to make one with part of a patch in it or maybe where it is warn through thread. Very cool pen, you made.

Top Bottom