US Navy Emblem Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dick Mahany

Dick Mahany

Here's a decal pen with Maple burl that I made for my dad.

First time I tried a decal and it took many attempts before I got the techniqe down :redface:. I used Testors inkjet decal paper and their spray bonder. I learned that using a heat gun gently to thoroughly dry the ink, and also inbetween the coats of bonder, speeds the process immensly. Finished with 15 coats of General Finishes Woodturner's Finish sanded with 600 every 3rd coat, and followed with a final buff with white diamond.

The biggest disappointment was that I could not find a hi-res graphic of this emblem. The US Navy has many hi-res graphics for download on their website, but not this one:mad:. So I had to settle for a rather low res image. I just hope that my dad doesn't have his glasses on when he sees it :wink:.

Attachments

• IMGP5727.jpg
    IMGP5727.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 657
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodgraver

US Navy Hi-Res Image

Try this image out and see if it works for you. Let me know if you need it in a different format or adjustments to make it work for your projects.

Attachments

• US NAVY.jpg
    US NAVY.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 603

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Wow, I just researched the Vector Magic site and did the trial download. What a difference. Is that what you used for the Navy logo? Which plan do you have?
WB

woodgraver

Wow, I just researched the Vector Magic site and did the trial download. What a difference. Is that what you used for the Navy logo? Which plan do you have?
WB

I use a program called Corel Draw. It is a simple vector drawing program and I have many military vector images. It's pretty simple to manipulate them once you get the hang of it.

Top Bottom