US Flag

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edstreet

Status
Not open for further replies.

edstreet

I finished this one recently and quite impressed with it. I choose a gold statesman to dress it up with. I used the 2 part CA glue on the stripes and used epoxy for the rest. The cap was the hardest part as the stars did not fit to well but I was able to get them in. The blue wood is not the strongest material available either and because of this I don't feel like it is a pocket pen but more of a desk only or decor only pen.

She sure does dress up nice in the statesman.

Ed

IMG_4560.JPG

IMG_4555.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doeringr

Looks really good! I'm kind of liking the "no so shiny" look you got from your finish process. Very sharp pen!

Mikey

Ed, I'm betting the stars didn't fit well because you didn't use water based glue as recommended in Ken's instructions. if you take a star without glue and attempt to press it in place it is really difficult. Once you let the water soak in for a few seconds (from the glue) it is very pliable and easily pressed in place. Same thing goes for the stripes. Also, the kit I made was curly maple for the blue and red. I don't see much curl on the blue. Did ken change woods? If not and he is still using maple, I don't know how the blue wood is not the strongest?[?] It's drilled and set onto the tubes and is the same diameter as any other pen.

Anyway, I always like the look of these pens. they do take a while, but with a nice finish, they look really sweet![8D]

edstreet

Russianwolf, just that one row. I put the clip over that double row and it made it stand out even more. It is the diam of the tube that makes that happen.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Russianwolf
<br />Do all of these pens have the double row of 5 stars? It seams so distracting. Are you supposed to run the clip down the middle of them?
If you look at the US Flag, it consists of alternation columns of 6 and 4 stars. When you wrap this design around in a circle, there MUST be two columns of 5 stars next to each other. (Columns 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 will have 5 stars. Columns 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 will have 4 stars. Wrapping the flag places column 1 next to 11.) [8D]

Russianwolf

Originally posted by edstreet
<br />Russianwolf, just that one row. I put the clip over that double row and it made it stand out even more. It is the diam of the tube that makes that happen.
I guess it's just the first time I've seen the double row in a picture.

great work regardless. I just saw the Canadian also. Wow. No problems there at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom