Urushi Nebula + 14k Fire

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chriselle

chriselle

Just another couple of Urushi's. Both are hard maple base using hijacked Sedona bits. The nebula has umm...many layers....I lost count but there are more than 10 and less than 20 with a few gold dustings in there, too.
The 14K fire is 7 layers of black with two gold topped off with #9 gold kinpun sprinkled on the ends and middle.
As always, thanks for looking and leaving any comments.

Attachments

• Uru Nebula1.jpg
    Uru Nebula1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 438
  • Uru Nebula2.jpg
    Uru Nebula2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 411
  • 14K fire1.jpg
    14K fire1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 330
  • 14K fire2.jpg
    14K fire2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 298
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomS

I think that nebula pen is just incredible. It has the old "psychedelic" look to it. Both are fantastic. As usual.
Tom

greggas

Chris;
I love your Urushi work that you post here. Truly gorgeous pen...my favorite that I have seen posted on this site....keep up the good work!

PaulSF

I love the way you write "just another couple," as if you knock them out during a commercial break while watching TV!

jskeen

Dude, those are excellent, as always. Great fit and the finish is amazing. I was a little undecided on the "penny" pen, but I gotta say, on these, my opinion comes down on the "don't really want to see the gold band breaking up that amazing finish" side. Of course since I'm not standing in your store with at least 50,000 yen in my hand, my opinion is of limited importance :)

Keep up the good work!

James

chriselle

Those are Awesome pens Chris, I love the Nebula, but can't that finish kill you??

Well, actually yes, it could kill you if you were hypersensitive to it but usually its just a nasty rash. You don't want to get any of it on ya.

Chris , those are totally awesome . So when are you going to add Maki-e to your art ?

Butch, I knew someone would be asking that question...lol. That is the next level and I've been working on it. One of these days (years).

Chris ~ gorgeous no runners up for the "ugly" pen contest!!

Love the look, dont know what it is..LOL

Toni, pure gold powders come in different sizes; the larger the number, the bigger the granules. The finer powders are brushed on just like dusting for fingerprints. The larger granular powders are sprinkled using small sieve tubes.

Dude, those are excellent, as always. Great fit and the finish is amazing. I was a little undecided on the "penny" pen, but I gotta say, on these, my opinion comes down on the "don't really want to see the gold band breaking up that amazing finish" side. Of course since I'm not standing in your store with at least 50,000 yen in my hand, my opinion is of limited importance :)

Keep up the good work!

James

James...ya, the next group will probably have the ring hidden. I make these barrels in batches of 6 to 10 pens at a time and the decision to hide the band must be made at the time of drilling. There are so many options and things to try. I just wish the process didn't take so damn long.

David Keller

Beautiful Pens. There aren't many pens I've seen that I would consider purchasing, but your urushi pens are on my short list of pens I'd be willing to buy for myself. The finish is completely unique and stunning. Fantastic.

Fred

You answered, "Thank you for the kind words folks. Trying to keep moving onward and upward."

I do believe you are there. EXCELLENT work with a product that many would never try to use. I believe you have definitely mastered this art form. :biggrin:

Last edited:

chriselle

You answered, "Thank you for the kind words folks. Trying to keep moving onward and upward."

I do believe you are there. EXCELLENT work with a product that many would never try to use. I believe you have definitely mastered this art form. :biggrin:

Thank you Fred, but I do have much to learn. I need to bump up my skills in the turning department. Threading is a big obstacle for me. Actually, it's not even an obstacle yet because I haven't put much.. if any.. effort into it. I'd almost prefer to buy pre-threaded unfinished bodies...lol. Any of you hot threaders out there looking for a contract??:wink: Then I could concentrate on finishing.

Top Bottom