Upside down antique gold celluloid cake *pen*

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveRoberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveRoberts

I wanted a long wood look on a pen with the shortest cap I could make, the clip would have hung over the coupler so I just moved it to the top. It took one baron kit and one gent kit and a spare body tube. Comments?

2006316192344_custom2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Hi Steve,

Personally, I like it! It is a nice modification that still retains the best part of the pen's character, yet presents something completely different. The problem is, many people will not view it as a modification, but rather a mistake - they will just think you put it together wrong! [:0] What do people know anyway!!! The only other problem is if there is some reason that the nib should point up while in your pocket. I don't htink rollerballs leak like fountain pens might, but it's something to think about.

Scott.

SteveRoberts

Hi Scott.

This refill not only doesn't leak it doesn't dry up. I HOPE it causes people to ask about it.. thinking it is a mistake. Once I start talking to them, the wallet starts to magically levitate.

This is MY pen so like something else I won't mention, it only has to make me happy.

Steve

PenWorks

Looking at the pictures here, I was going to comment on how
I like the way the pen looks uncapped, but really thought it lost something
in the shape when the cap was on.
after seeing the pen just now. The pen is pretty cool looking,
actually better than the photo.

He also made a mini gent that was pretty nice to.

M

Mudder

At first glance I had mixed feelings but the more I look at it and think about it the more sense it makes. Thinking about it, what way does the refill point on a slimline ? Cigar? Sierra? I think you might just have something there. Wondering if you can do away with the bead on the cap?

SteveRoberts

<b>The ring on the cap was an error pointed out by a viewer on another board. It was a hitchhiking trim ring my aging eyes missed. I popped the pen apart *easier to do with long body* and it is gone now.
I have had a FP hanging over a white piece of paper for 12 hours. No leaks, in a RB, it is even less of a factor. Besides, the cap has to do something.[:</b>D]
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom