Unwanted Executives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Upstate_Turner

DSCN0121.jpg

DSCN0138.jpg

Executive Pens with Ankrom's acrylic/maple blanks. Awesome material to turn!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice job with the blanks! Keep working at the CA finish, it does get easier.

BTW, the pen on the left is stabilized buckeye burl. The maple has also been stabilized. (Just in case the future owner asks) ;)

Well Pat, I hate to say it but my father is the proud owner of this set! He brags about them when he takes them to work... And here I thought I finally had a pen/pencil set that I could sell for more than $60... He took them as soon as I was done shooting these photos! More business for you I guess :tongue:

Drstrangefart

Awww SNAP..... I gotta turn some of those.... That's some mighty smooth looking material. I am also learning the dark art of CA finishing. And everything else.....

I love working with these blanks. Honestly I'm addicted to them now! I'm still learning the do's and don'ts about CA finishing... I learned today CA glue WILL stick to the bushings...

Drstrangefart

I love working with these blanks. Honestly I'm addicted to them now! I'm still learning the do's and don'ts about CA finishing... I learned today CA glue WILL stick to the bushings...

Yeah, but a healthy coat of wax on the bushings helps keep the CA from sticking. I've had to re-touch areas on a couple of pens that broke unevenly. I've also cut through the CA at the bushing with a razor to help it break evenly when it does get stuck.

Top Bottom