Unusually short cigar pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Allen

Dale Allen

I've had 2 of these bands for some time and could not image what kind of kit to use. If you are not familiar with the brand it is unusually short and stout.
This one is just a tad over 4" long and a number 60 ring, which is 15/16"
Not too comfortable to write with however!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• nub-pen.jpg
    nub-pen.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 274
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

Very cute. Almost looks like it was made from a lipstick pen kit. That said, what lady would put a lit cigar in her purse?

Jim Smith

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Perhaps making the join at the top of the label just before the taper starts would allow you to have a better or more comfortable grip. Let the nib be inside the tapered end.

Dale Allen

Perhaps making the join at the top of the label just before the taper starts would allow you to have a better or more comfortable grip. Let the nib be inside the tapered end.

Possibly, but the label would need to be down further as the end needs to be long enough to house the tapered pen end. It would be a rather tight fit and would be difficult to turn and finish.

Actually, I goofed on this one somewhat, not that anyone would notice. The writing end was supposed to be in the other half but I made a mistake when I cut one of the indents. There is typically no indent on the brass nib end. However, since the socket for the mini refill is pressed into the end of the brass tube before it is glued in, there was no way to change it so I made both halves with an indent.

If I ever make another I will hopefully remember and do it correctly!:biggrin:

Hendu3270

Great looking pen. I currently have several NUBS in my humidor. They're not bad cigars. Not the best, but not the worst either.

Top Bottom