An unusual Cigar/Big Ben BP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mack C.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
This design was blatantly stolen from a pen turning friend of mine. The choice of hardware was my own.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Crushed stone acrylic separated by pic guard on Cigar/Big Ben hardware missing the usual centre band.

Attachments

• 748 (Small).jpg
    748 (Small).jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 407
  • 748-1 (Small).jpg
    748-1 (Small).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 396
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Katya

I *really* like this one, Mack, and I'm not usually crazy about cigar pens.
How did you arrive at the proportions between the red and white parts? I'm always interested in the design of segmented pens. Does it look as you'd envisioned it? Is there anything you'd do differently next time?
Cheers
Catherine

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I *really* like this one, Mack, and I'm not usually crazy about cigar pens.
How did you arrive at the proportions between the red and white parts? I'm always interested in the design of segmented pens. Does it look as you'd envisioned it? Is there anything you'd do differently next time?
Cheers
Catherine
Hi Cath; As I mentioned at the start of this post, the design was blatantly stolen from a good friend of mine, although he used different hardware. I didn't have that hardware, but I have many Cigars.

Here's his pen:
attachment.php

I printed this picture and strangely enough this pen and a Cigar pen are nearly identical in dimensions. So that's where the design came from.

Here's one done in Chrome hardware
attachment.php

Really there are too many variations to be had with this simple design to mention here.

Next time instead of the pickguard I will cut 1/8" slices of the acrylic and use that for the inlays. I'm all out of the acrylics for now!

Got the acrylics at Woodchuckers/Artistic Woods for your info!

Attachments

• peter pen (Small).jpg
    peter pen (Small).jpg
    22 KB · Views: 207
  • 1001 (Small).jpg
    1001 (Small).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 214
Trust me Mack I know what it is like to work really hard on a pen and then not get any comments on it or very few. Oh well I think this one of yours must have been posted during a very busy post time. I normally don't look off the first page but think I will look there more often. I found some really nice pens posted all the way down to page 4 and found other posts that didn't have any comments. That is discouraging for sure.

I like that chrome one too Mack. Really nice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom