"Unraveled"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

Jr. Gent with Mesquite and aluminum. I'll be mailing this pen to Neal (Wolftat) for him to send to the troops. Sorry for the delay Neal, I was hoping to send this to you last week.

1_JG-RB-R-0003.jpg

1_JG-RB-R-0003-2.jpg

1_JG-RB-R-0003-3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I can just picture 8-10 soldiers slugging it out over it as one Marine walks away with it. ...LOL Beautiful pen Keith, as always. I may have to sign back in. Thank you

Steve Busey

Keith, that's always an amazing pattern!

Can you tip your hand a bit? - when you do your scrollsawing, is the blank still just one piece, or do you do the top and bottom as separate pieces?

Thanks in advance!

VisExp

Thanks for all the kind words folks. Sorry for the delay in replying, I was out of town for a couple of days.

Can you tip your hand a bit? - when you do your scrollsawing, is the blank still just one piece, or do you do the top and bottom as separate pieces?

Thanks in advance!

Steve, the blank is made in one piece. I make it from a blank that is 5 1/2 to 6" long. When I am make the cuts for the lower barrels I try and make it so the pattern is the same at both ends of the lower barrel. That way the design will line up whether the pen is capped or posted.

Steve Busey

When I am make the cuts for the lower barrels I try and make it so the pattern is the same at both ends of the lower barrel. That way the design will line up whether the pen is capped or posted.

Wow, I see that now that you point it out. Well, you've certainly raised the process to a high art form - well done, sir!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I got to tell you, this pen looks a whole lot better in person. Thank you Keith, I'm sure that someone is going to be surprised when they get this one as they are when they get any of the pens.

VisExp

I got to tell you, this pen looks a whole lot better in person. Thank you Keith, I'm sure that someone is going to be surprised when they get this one as they are when they get any of the pens.

Thanks Neil. I'm glad to hear the pen arrived safely. Thank you for all the effort you put into sending pens to our troops!!

Top Bottom