Unplugged

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Phillip Kelley

I haven't had the opportunity to turn anything in so long it took me awhile to get the lathe plugged up & turned on:eek:....this is a new kit for me...the "music" pen from PSI dressed in Walnut....CA finish

Attachments

• DSC02670.JPG
    DSC02670.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 265
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
How?

I did get a disclaimer with my order that some of the tubes might not be the correct length, mine were, so that was not an issue! The casting is a little "ruff" in a couple of places & the cap is not 100% concentric, but overall it seems to be a good heavy pen!

I like it.

How is the kit? I see some mixed reviews on PSI website.

Reviews..

Ok, I read the reviews...i use a barrell trimmer so my part next to the cap doesn't spin...nice tight fit! My top pulls off easily enough but I always sand the interior of the tube & clean it a little bit with a Q-TIP & Acetone. I have adult ADD & it is quite difficult to read the directions BUT i did notice the WARNING to use a scrap block with an 8mm hole drilled in it to protect the threads when inserting the center band..& I would like to sell it for $75 but the market here will not support that so I may just give it to some musician...(someone in MO has already asked for it!)

I did get a disclaimer with my order that some of the tubes might not be the correct length, mine were, so that was not an issue! The casting is a little "ruff" in a couple of places & the cap is not 100% concentric, but overall it seems to be a good heavy pen!

I like it.

How is the kit? I see some mixed reviews on PSI website.

Extension cord...

Scott, I know it is probably not reccomended, but I had to find a cord 1st!
lol:biggrin:

Walnut is always a fun timber!

Was it the plugging in, or the finding the socket that took the longest?

Scott (mine is plugged in-ugh) B

efrulla

I appreciate the reviews and info here. I have one on order for a guitar player who is a friend of mine. He gave me a bunch of his used guitar picks. They are going to take a trip through the blender and I am going to cast the pieces in Alumilite Clear. The picks are marble colored and I am going to paint the tube black. Should make for an interesting pen if I can do it correctly.

Picks

OK! That should be an interesting "mix"...b sure & post!

I appreciate the reviews and info here. I have one on order for a guitar player who is a friend of mine. He gave me a bunch of his used guitar picks. They are going to take a trip through the blender and I am going to cast the pieces in Alumilite Clear. The picks are marble colored and I am going to paint the tube black. Should make for an interesting pen if I can do it correctly.

Top Bottom