Unknown Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from flcad2000

flcad2000

A friend of mine gave me some planks that he got from a guy he knows. They all had the species written on them, Except the one that these are from. One friend told me Cypress, another says no. They look kind of plain until you pick them up - the chatoyance is amazing - it is everywhere, on all sides.
I would like to know what this is, so any guesses?

Also, here is a Tulipwood Pen I did this weekend.

Thanks.

Attachments

• unknown-pen.jpg
    unknown-pen.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 249
  • tulip.jpg
    tulip.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

The second looks like a rosewood, maybe tulipwood. The first is most certainly not cypress. Cypress is SUPER soft. You will know it because you will likely not get any shavings only dust.

akbar24601

Very nice pens. I know that it is rather light in color, but looking at the grain structure, I want to guess that it might be Mahogany. Was it soft and easy to turn?

Rarest wood

Hevea brasiliensis

Ide like to bet a dollar its Hevea brasiliensis, para/rubberwood
but granted its similar to mango

Attachments

• Hevea brasiliensis.jpg
    Hevea brasiliensis.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 92

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
WILLIAM !!!!! I hate story problems . Cuz I'm easily confused . :redface: I read it again , and I don't see where he says the Tulip wood is the second one . But I figured he knew the second one was Tulip wood , and the one in question was the first one , which I think is uhhh , MANGO . GEEEE , MY HEAD HURTS !! :frown: :eek:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Listen here!!!:mad: Everyone knows that I knows EVERYTHING about EVERY wood under the sun, right?

And so I can catogorily ( how do you spell that? ) say that the second one is definately 100% Tulipwood:biggrin:

Top Bottom