The Universe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from simomatra

simomatra

A rhodium and 22k gold junior statesman fountain pen dressed in one of Jeff Powell's outstanding blanks. Jeff is a famous scroll saw artist and this is just one of his fabulous creation, thank you Jeff. The blank came from Dawn at exotic blanks. Those in theAussie group buy this is what you can get.

The pen machined beautifully and was sanded and polished up to 12K mm and then Plastx. The finish is wow!

I hope you enjoy viewing it as nuch as I did making it.

It was so exciting to see the stars appear when turning as they were not evident in the virgin blank.

P1030401.jpg

P1030400.jpg

P1030402.jpg

P1030403.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Very nice, I look at some of this work and where ideas for pen blanks are going the last few years. And I really see that Penturning / Blank Making has finally made it own unique nitch. By that I mean ideas have been born that originated for the pen rather than being borrowed from other crafts.

PR_Princess

WOW Sam!! You did a great job! That looks fantastic!!!:tongue::tongue::tongue:

While I did try to sand down parts of Jeff's blank to try to get some sort of a clue what was there, most of those features were hidden inside. Heck, I didn't even know. But, I think this makes it more fun. Kinda like opening a present!

Except I really am a bit jealous now!....:mad::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom