United States of Wales pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Eventually got some time to play with my new toys from America.
My pics have never been great, but these were taken on a toy camera, so even worse than normal.

Ladies first. This is an experimental metal mix from Dawn. ( PR Princess )I made loads of mistakes on this one:( Sorry Dawn[:I]First, I couldn't make a dent in it with regular hand chisels. Had to resort to the metal lathe and it even ate those HSS bits for breakfast!!! Two light passes and had to re-sharpen. My next error was trying to fill the tiny holes. I should have used a magnet to clean out the holes before filling with CA.
Then on the very last pass for the cap......[}:)]:( A chunk of black PR to the rescue. I have grown to love it:D

200831621520_metal.jpg

This should need no introduction. Also a challenge to turn and I must have smoked a full pack of cigarettes!!!!. NO WAY was I going to lose this one!!!!! For the very few who don't recognise the blank, it is of course Eagle Feathers. Another favourite.:D Thanks Eagle;)

2008316211145_eagle.jpg

I had nothing to do with the next one. But you can easily tell that, by the superb finish on it.:D This was a very generous gift by Lou ( DCBluesman ) who not only hosted our get together but also gave me the kits to make the above pens. One day I hope to get a finish like this. This really is a beautiful pen and I'll cherish it for years. Many thanks Lou.:D

2008316211839_lou.jpg

Finally, to unwind my nerves, I knocked up this closed ended coffee
'n cream blank from Eugene ( ElMostro ) This was a freebie blank that he included with some Cancun blanks I bought. Cool!!!

200831621245_coffee.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Skippy,your just awesome,you've done Dawn,Eagle and Eugene all proud,as to Lou's gift I would cherish it also. I know where your coming from on Eagles blank,I quit:D smoking last July and almost[}:)] took it up again when I turned his feathers blank 2 weeks ago.

mrcook4570

Originally posted by skiprat
Finally, to unwind my nerves, I knocked up this closed ended coffee
'n cream blank

Umm, well, umm, I guess congrats if it was planned, but there are places that will take care of those 'accidents' [}:)]

Pens are outstanding, btw.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Skippy, my lad, you need a little PUSH to turn those metal blanks, but then, I don't have a metal lathe!!!

However, the magnet before filling is a clever thought. I'll use that (along with my 1" skew) next time.

So, you TURNED an Eagle feathers!!! CONGRATULATIONS and it looks GREAT>

And an El Mostro for dessert??? I hate to ask how long you spent on these three pens, but the results are FAN tastic!!

Hope we get to meet you on your next trip, glad to see you made it home safe!

karlkuehn

Banned
Nice looking stuff, Skiprat! That's the best color Eagle feather I've seen yet, and it looks like you pulled it off well. What is that first blank made out of? The pitting in the finish adds a nice texture, but it sounds like it was a bear to turn! [B)]:)

PR_Princess

Skippy, looks like they all turned out great!

Well, except for the one you forgot to feed first.[B)]
(Did you HAVE to put that one next to Eagle's and Lou's pens BTW???[:0][:0][:0])

Tell you what, you send me that Eagle's feathers and I will see if I can send you another PR blank. [}:)][}:)][}:)]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by PR_Princess

Skippy, looks like they all turned out great!

Well, except for the one you forgot to feed first.[B)]
(Did you HAVE to put that one next to Eagle's and Lou's pens BTW???[:0][:0][:0])

Tell you what, you send me that Eagle's feathers and I will see if I can send you another PR blank. [}:)][}:)][}:)]

Hi Sweetheart[:X] Your stuff belongs right up there with the best. That's why I use it and that's why I sell it. It was a very tough call to decide which of the new stuff to use first, but that one had me intruiged. Guess I should have talked to you or Ed first.;)

Karl, it's called alchemy. :D Take some lead, give it to a Goddess and watch how she turns it into gold!!!!! If I told you, I'd have to kill you. :D ( Or be killed myself ):D

jhs494

Awesome job all the way around. It looks as if the trip was a huge success.
Thanks for sharing them with us!

Top Bottom