Union Jack Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Riksss

Riksss

Here is my pen with the union jack. I always wanted to have this pen, but it was expensive fron the companys that make an inly of this pen.
So I decided to make my own. I guess I should explain why. Some of my family members are fron England and so ,ve always felt a likness for the country and flag.
It,s made from Bloodwood holly and dyed maple. I hope you like it.

Attachments

• UK pen 2.jpg
    UK pen 2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 199
  • uk pen 4.jpg
    uk pen 4.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 172
  • uk pen 6.jpg
    uk pen 6.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 197
  • uk pen 9.jpg
    uk pen 9.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 258
  • UK jack.jpg
    UK jack.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 349
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
C

Captaincrash

Nice work! We will have to get together and make more of these.....you can teach me!

bellringer 75

i have to point one thing out that it is not called the union jack it is only called that when raised on Her Majesty's Ships the rest of the time it is the union flag

But it is still a nice pen

Riksss

Thank you for correcting me bellringer75. You learn something new everyday.

C

Captaincrash

i have to point one thing out that it is not called the union jack it is only called that when raised on Her Majesty's Ships the rest of the time it is the union flag

But it is still a nice pen

I guess you'll have to mail it to the Royal Navy now! :)

Although the official website of the royal monarchy does seem to be ok with it being called either!

http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchUK/Symbols/UnionJack.aspx

By the way, my mother was born in Dorking, Surrey!

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulDoug

Whatever, it is a neat pen. Far better than any inlay on I have seen. If I ever get back to the pen making that is one I want to try. On the project I am working on now I've had to communicate and buy from people in the UK. I never felt any attachment, even though most my ancestors come from there. But after discussions on the internet, with people from that area I feel a tug. I'd like to go visit.

Great pen! Do you have any more views of it you could post, from different sides/angels?

Last edited:

Riksss

Yes I have a picture of the blank.

Attachments

• jack pen 5.jpg
    jack pen 5.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 90

PaulDoug

Thanks for posting the additional pictures. That's a nice pen, for sure. What do you cut your pieces on, bandsaw? I don't know if my eyes are good enough to want to try to cut small pieces like that on a powered machine.....

Very nice work.

I guess the other reason I feel an attachment to England, etc, I just finished reading all 21 books of O'brian's Captain Jack Aubrey's adventures.

Last edited:

Riksss

Yes i use a delta bandsaw. I would never beable to cut that fine without it.

Top Bottom