A Uni-Pink gift for my future Sister-in-Law

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USAFVET98

USAFVET98

My girlfriend wanted me to make her sister a key-chain knife for her birthday because she runs a lot and would like her to have something for protection. I decided to use one of Dawn and Ed's Uni-Pink blanks because she likes pink, and because I thought it would look good. I painted the barrel pastel purple and just faintly shows through the iridescent part of the blank.

Attachments

• uni-pinkknife 003.jpg
    uni-pinkknife 003.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 210
  • uni-pinkknife 004.jpg
    uni-pinkknife 004.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 167
  • uni-pinkknife 005.jpg
    uni-pinkknife 005.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 162
  • uni-pinkknife 007.jpg
    uni-pinkknife 007.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 178
  • uni-pinkknife 009.jpg
    uni-pinkknife 009.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 159
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Yeah, I agree, that is quite "handy" to have and I never saw one of those kits before, nor I though that they (someone) would make something like that.
Not deferring from the usefulness of such item, nor try to sound paranoia, how does that rate in a today's society of ridiculous laws on firearms and weapons?
Will be that considered a "concealable weapon?" in the eyes of the law if found in a persons possession? or would it be classified as a "pocket knife" for all purposes.
This obviously, has nothing to do if a person actually uses it to inflict trauma or damage to other person, or use it as a threatening tool....!, as that we all know will take you to jail!

Just curious, what the go is in your neck of the woods...!:)

PS: By the way, I like it, not so much the colour for me but it looks a very strongly made piece...!

Cheers
George

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice Brian ! Dawn makes some cool stuff . Your sister-in-law should feel a bit safer packing this pretty little toothpick ! :biggrin:

mickr

I hope the blade is as strong as would be needed..better than nothing..personally a 357 would be my choice, but hey that's me...

beck3906

I've made a few of these and found that it takes a couple of minutes to get the blade unscrewed from the stored position inside the tube and then screwed back into place as shown in the last photo.

I don't know I would encourage anyone to think this would be used for protection since it takes so long to assemble.

Just my humble thoughts.

I think it's cool. If memory serves me right the blade would have to be more than 2 3/4 long to be considered a weapon. A good swift kick just south of the bellybutton usually works.

Top Bottom