Uncracked Snakewood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

I first posted this pen in April and have been waiting for the crack:eek:. Well its been a little over 8 months and no crack yet.

IMG_0890-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darley

I first posted this pen in April and have been waiting for the crack:eek:. Well its been a little over 8 months and no crack yet.

IMG_0890-1.jpg

Well 1/2 your luck I turn one Junior gen v2 and the top barrel crack in half:frown:, mayby because when I turn the barrel I leave the unglued tube in.

BTW pen look nice ( I know I say that before )

Randy_

Roy: There are two other posts currently running about snakewood pens that have lasted for a while without cracking. I'll ask you the same thing I asked them.

Did you do anything special while crafting the pen to prevent or minimize cracking? And what sort of finish did you use??

Thanks.

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

Randy:No secret drill really slow with sharp bits no more than 1/4 inch at a time. Turn with extra sharp tools and when sanding never let the blank or sand paper (MM) heat up. Finish is Deft spray lacquer.
Roy: There are two other posts currently running about snakewood pens that have lasted for a while without cracking. I'll ask you the same thing I asked them.

Did you do anything special while crafting the pen to prevent or minimize cracking? And what sort of finish did you use??

hanks.

Randy_

Roy:

I like Deft spray, too!!

Other thing I forgot to ask.......what kind of glue do you use to fix the pen tubes??

Did you mill the blanks as soon as you received them or did they sit around your shop for a while and dry out and acclimate to the local environment?

Last edited:

bitshird

Roy, that is a sweet pen, and I think Snakewood is absolutely one of the top 3 woods for just knocking you on your butt beautiful, it doesn't really take your breath away, it puts it back.

Top Bottom