Uncracked Snakewood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wdcav1952

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I made this a few months ago, but wanted to wait and see if it cracked. So far so good! (Sorry, no fingers crossed emoticons)

Snakewood dip pen with ebonite section. Finish is lacquer. The ink bottle is one of my Pelikan Ebay finds.

Comments + or - welcome.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
NICE looking! Very nice!

If you want it to crack, For a whole day, leave it on the seat of the car with the windows rolled up while in a parking lot in the middle of the summer. The sun doesn't even have to shine directly on it! :rolleyes: DAMHIKT!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Beautiful pen. Just for the record, I have a Snakewood pen that is 4 years old and hasn't cracked, and I actually use it too.

td

Banned
Personally, being snakewood challenged, I give it:good::good::good: and :bananen_smilies039:

Way to go!!

talbot

Nice touch with the ebonite and a lovely pen.
Just needs a nice pen stand and crystal inkwell to complete the set.
regards, Bill

Rudy Vey

Nice pen! I believe I know why it hasn't cracked: there is no hole drilled in it and the snakewood is massive - so do not expect that it will crack - all the blanks I have are still fine after two years:wink::wink: - guess I should turn now pens from them....

wdcav1952

Nice pen! I believe I know why it hasn't cracked: there is no hole drilled in it and the snakewood is massive - so do not expect that it will crack - all the blanks I have are still fine after two years:wink::wink: - guess I should turn now pens from them....

Massive:confused::wink:

Yes Rudy, the plan/hope was that not having a tube and thin walls would prevent cracks.

Now, take those fine blanks and make something awesome.

Thanks to all for the kind remarks.

wdcav1952

Thanks, Glenn. I did put a short length of 7mm tube that runs through the ebonite into the snakewood as a "just in case." I do have to admit, though that the idea of using the ebonite to protect the wood never occured to me, I was just trying to accent the pen.

Top Bottom