Unbridled Spirit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EBorraga

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
A while back I started contacting people with Laser's! I found a guy, Kenneth Wines, who cut this out with his Laser. He sent a few blanks to me, and I filled the image with PR. This was my first CA finish in about a year. I learned from the best CA Finishers out there (Dalecamino:wink:) I think it turned out well, except for 1 minor detail. I didn't paint the tube and you can see some brass. So this is now my carry pen :biggrin:

And for those that want to know. The image is part of the Ky State logo. It's called Unbridled Spirit

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 214
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Looks great Ernie - I love the blank. Wonderful collaboration.

I've bought a blank done by Ken - I admire his work; maybe need to turn it this weekend :cool:

Charlie_W

Great job on the pen!.... Both you and Ken! The placement on the blank was critical and expertly done. The resin appears to have been a multicolor pour and shows very nicely! Fit and finish are spot on!

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Great job on the pen!.... Both you and Ken! The placement on the blank was critical and expertly done. The resin appears to have been a multicolor pour and shows very nicely! Fit and finish are spot on!

Thanks sir. And it was a 1 pour pony! you can see the tube in his nose area.

robutacion

It amazes me, the number of new ideas and equipment that is used in our days to create pen blanks and other similar items, the laser tools are an excellent way for new creations and the new brains/younger generation seems to be taking good advantage of it and come up with some very interesting designs.

I don't know much about lasers but from what I have been reading, the sky seems to be the limit...!:biggrin:

Well done,

Cheers
George

Top Bottom