Un-Pimp my Pen II Majestic RB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here is the sequal to that ever so popular Majestic FP I made a couple weeks ago for Hans. I had to see if it wasn't a fluke that I was able to make it in the first place. Well...it was no fluke. This time around I used a much more difficult blank to work with and made it a RB. It's a Chrysocolla TruStone from R&B Crafts. Let me just say that this stuff was a pain to work with!!! I don't have one of those carbide tip tools but man I am getting one SOON. I was able to get all the pieces out of a single blank again, and this time I actually had about 1/4" of blank left (massive compared to the last pen). I was lucky with getting the pimp crystal out this time bc they glued it in crooked so I could get my dental pick under it easily. Dunno what I'll do with the ugly thing but I'll think of something. The end finial was a bit harder this time around bc they changed how they inlay the accent piece. On this one you can't knock it out with a transfer punch bc it's solid on the inside. Instead I carefully drilled it out till it came loose with no issues. Applied my usual finishing steps of MM to 12000, Buffed with Tripoli and White Diamond, and polished with PlastX. Thanks for looking and any and all comments/critiques/questions appreciated!

Attachments

• 103_6801.jpg
    103_6801.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 318
  • 103_6809.jpg
    103_6809.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 374
  • 103_6812.jpg
    103_6812.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 103_6828.jpg
    103_6828.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 103_6779.jpg
    103_6779.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 274
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

Didn't you just get married? You must have better things to do with your time than make pens. Or maybe not. Anyway, Good job on the trustone. I gotta ask though, how deep are the recesses for the stock finials, and did you have enough material to have made them come up flush on the edges? Or did you inset them a little for a reason?

Nice job, but the inner faces around the finials showing looks a little odd to me.

MartinPens

Wow. I have this kit and was wanting to do something custom with it. This will be a challenge. I'm not going to work with true stone and I think I will raise the finials a bit as suggested by jskeen. But, Wow! I really like what you've done with it. Raises the bar on a standard kit - and to me, that's what it's all about. Imagination and creativity. ++ on both.

Martin

Rfturner

It looks really good but I too wondered about the recess depth looks slightly deep. I like the classy look to this pen

el_d

Pretty Darn Sweet Jonathan. Lots of time and patience put into this one. Havent cared too much for the Majestic but these upgrades are really making me think again.

bgibb42

Now you've gone and done it. Forced me to consider ordering some Majestics.:tongue: What a great pen!

Brooks803

Let the un-pimp wars begin!

I'm waiting to see someone else try this out. As far as the recesses go, they are slightly undersized. When trying to get it all out of one blank you really only get 1 chance to do it right. I was trying to not have them bulgy. I think the pictures make them look more recessed than they really are though. Making these mods have started a brainstorm for me and over the next few days I'm gonna try some clip mods out just to see how they look and then incorporate it into a overall pen design. Oh, and for just getting married...my wife does alot of work with horses during the day so I have a good bit of available shop time :wink:

brookswife803

I really love how everyone on here is challenging each other to try new things. This new modification to the Majestic really makes this kit much more stylish if you ask me. I've been showing the photos off to EVERYONE and may even have someone interested in a custom pen done like this. :biggrin: Great work Jonathon! Can't wait to see what you come up with next... Oh! I almost forgot... I have been out playing with horses too much, might need to take over the workshop again soon and send you outside to play with the ponies. :wink:

bitshird

You finally convinced me to try some Majestic kits, I loved the one you did wit the Onyx, and this one is over the top. I'm sad that CSUSA is dropping so many of it's top of the line pens, but now seeing a cleaner Majestic with out the pimp stone I guess that and the few t=remaining Emperors and Imperials will have to be my high end pens, Thanks for opening up an old farts eyes Mucho Gracias and the carbide tool fro Rand does wonders wit the hardest of tru stone, DAMHIKT and he has some nice handles for them also.

Brooks803

Beautiful work! I hope you can bring this next Saturday so I can see it in person.

I'm planning on bringing it, I'm showing it to a potential customer either today or tomorrow depending on their schedule. So if it sells I'll just have to make another one to bring in:wink:. Hopefully Hans will be bringing the one I made for him. I'd like to see the two of them side by side for a comparision.

mrburls

This is a great looking pen. Love the color and kit together with your special efforts. You really have the hang of modifying these pens.

Keith "mrburls"

Brooks803

This is a great looking pen. Love the color and kit together with your special efforts. You really have the hang of modifying these pens.

Keith "mrburls"

Thanks Keith. I just did a demo at my pen club on doing these mods. Ill have to post the finished pen later today.

Top Bottom