Un-natural color selection

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

This is a coffee and cream lucite blank Dawn gave me at the MPG a couple weeks ago. My natural choice of colors for the tube with this color blank would be white, brown, or maybe black. As I was trying to decide what color, I noticed a tube sitting in a spare stuff box that I had powder coated dark candy apple blue a couple years ago and then never did anything with it. It was an Elegant Beauty tube, so I dug out an Elegant Beauty kit and went to work. I was surprised with the results, the blue was a lot more subdued than I expected. I will probably do it again. All comments welcome and appreciated, thank you for looking. And as you can see, my photo skills still need a lot of work.

Attachments

• lucite 002.jpg
    lucite 002.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 381
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mapster

Very nice looking pen. A rather unique variation of lucite! Almost looks like bakelite or mexican agate. Very cool pen and the blue brings in just enough cool colors to balance out the gold. Great job, keep the talent flowing

alphageek

Former Moderator
The pen definately doesn't show much blue from the inside - very subtle - nice!

I like this kit because of the extra thickness available. I think its a help for those materials with more depth.

PenPal

Gary,

Some times the planning comes from coincidences in this case the constellations came together what with the given blank, the found but forgotten blue tube, the Elegant Beauty kit resulting in a delightful pen overall. Nice to have close friends with beaut blanks, well done you two.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom