Ultrar Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Chrome and Gold ballpoint with African Blackwood.
Sanded to 12,000 MM, applied 6 coats of French Polish (Padding Lacquer) to seal oily wood and rubbed down with Super Fine steel wool. Applied 3 coats Minwax Gloss Poly sanding lightly between coats with 1500 grit. Applied final 3coats of Minwax Gloss Poly. Protected with 2 coats of Brazilian Carnauba.

I think this kit will look much better once I change the nib to chrome to match the clip.

As always suggestions and comments welcome.

ultracigarchromeandgoldfu1.jpg

ultracigarchromeandgoldtl3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

I haven`t gotten any of those kits yet cause i thought they were to fancy,,but the blank you chose for it really does the kit justice and it looks beautiful...:) Carl

Buzz

The Blackwood works beautifully with that very fancy kit. The finish is superb.

I am just about to start casing my own resin blanks, and after seeing this and a recent Baron by Mark Ligget, some jet black will definately be first cab off the rank.

Tanner

Dang you have that pen shining!!!! Beautiful pen! I think you’re right about putting a chrome nib, if it could possibly look better, that would do it.

sparhawk

Love the blackwood. Have used it in a cuople of pieces and so far everyone has cracked were the nib and finial were pressedin. That is a beutiful pen great combination of kit and wood.

ahoiberg

that looks awesome les, almost looks like acrylic in the pictures. that finish technique is really paying off for you. and that's one of the best looking ultras i've seen so far.

DocStram

Impressive pen. You did a great job of selecting a beautiful piece of wood to go with that kit. Attention to detail every step of the way .... really paid off. [:p]

Top Bottom