ultra cigar w/matching nib and clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rdunn12

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdunn12

Just one I did tonight any comments welcome.Swapped up two kits so the nib and clip match.Sorry about the crappy photo still working on that.

2008181155_ultracig2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jhs494

Very nice! You did an excellent job.
The extra effort was worth it, it turned out great![:)]

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I wonder - since almost everyone seems to think that the nib and clip should match - why they decided to do such an odd thing as make the nib and clip a different plating?

Nice looking pen - looks great with that acrylic! I like the crystal stand too!
Andrew

gerryr

For those that don't like the silver-gold combination, go to a fine jewelry store and you will see a ton of the same combinations. Look at Rolex watch bands and you'll see lots of it. And don't forget the Statesman, Emperor, Lotus and Imperial kits. Except that the gold plating is crap on these, how is this really different?

The white balance is off quite a bit. Correct that and the photo will be 1000% better.

Russianwolf

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />For those that don't like the silver-gold combination, go to a fine jewelry store and you will see a ton of the same combinations. Look at Rolex watch bands and you'll see lots of it. And don't forget the Statesman, Emperor, Lotus and Imperial kits. Except that the gold plating is crap on these, how is this really different?

The white balance is off quite a bit. Correct that and the photo will be 1000% better.
what we are talking about is the primary metal on the clip/finial and centerband is the opposite of the nib the way the kits come. It looks much more balanced when you swap the nib from Chrome kit to the Gold kit (and vice versa).

All the kits have the gold/chrome combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom