Ultra Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wjskip

wjskip

Still trying to learn how to take a photo. As I look at most of the pictures posted here i am in awe. All I can sat is it's a good thing that i don't have to pay for photo developing.

200812212552_P1210035.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

I like the ultra cigar pens. You did a good job on the blank and kit.

Now for some photo tips.
stop photographing from the top of the pen - you miss the focus 99% of the time with auto focus lens
If you are going to use off camera lighting do not use the on-camera flash with it. I can see the shadow on the lower side of the pen.
Change the background color to a solid white - background fights with the pen. specially with the focusing of the object the background and the pen top is only 5/8" of an inch between the two points
Check your focus
your photo loses the contrast of the ultra kit the silver and gold The light does not separate the two finishes. Its because the lights are too close to the object the pen.
You have good highlights on the pen -- by keeping the lighting at a 45 degree angle from the camera and moving back the light from the subject you can keep those highlights but at the same time get better quality of light.

The white blow-out on the lower body [1/2 inch back from the nib] is not your fault as a photographer. Its the reflection of light hitting at a angle to where the light refracts back to the camera angle the refraction of the material physical properties. The area is enhanced with the pixelation of the camera's noise of the digital camera.

hope these points help you.
bill daniels

wjskip

Bill I appreciate your input I have read many of the threads in the photo section
most of it went over my head. Just started using a camera that has the ability to
operate in a truly manual mode. I changed the nib to a silver one from another kit
if I hadn't lost the contrast between the gold and the silver band near the blank the pic would have told the story. The blue in the blank has streaks of pearl in it. In my attempt to show the pearl i lost the gold. I will take your advice and post again in the photo section.

Top Bottom