Ultra Ciga Merlin's Magic & Broadwell Art Deco on freebie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

These are a couple pens I did over the course of this week. The first is an Ultra Cigar, first one I have used, with a PR Merlin's Magic blank from exotics. I like how the ultra cigar adds to the overall look of the pen. The next one is one I have been wanting to try for a while. Its the Broadwell Art Deco pen from PSI. I used the freebie blank I got from exotics. I forgot to write down the name of it. I MM wet both all the way up and applied some ren-wax thanks to my fellow buddy/turner Larry. Let me know what you all think.

pen71.jpg

pen71-a.jpg

pen70.jpg

pen70-a.jpg

pen70-b.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I believe the second pen is Verdigris .

Thanks for showing, they both look great!

My PERSONAL preference would be to turn them "straighter". I think with all the glitz, the barrels would blend better. BUT THAT IS AN OPINION!!! Your way could sell while mine sits among a bunch of others, with no real "interest".

ToddMR

I believe the second pen is Verdigris .

Thanks for showing, they both look great!

My PERSONAL preference would be to turn them "straighter". I think with all the glitz, the barrels would blend better. BUT THAT IS AN OPINION!!! Your way could sell while mine sits among a bunch of others, with no real "interest".

LOL. You should have seen off lathe version 1 of the art deco. It looked super prego! I had to put it back on there two more times. Sometimes its hard to tell how straight it is until I get it off the lathe. For some reason I like the cigars with a bowed out body for some reason. I need to try some straighter bodies like I did on my WS click. As always, thanks for some awesome blanks Ed!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
A cigar with a "bowed" body can sell well.

Older folks and those who have arthritis will find it comfortable. Others will chide you about how HEAVY it is.

There is a home for every pen, just need to find the right person!!

Skye

Honestly the Deco kit makes my eyes hurt. Really don't like that kit. I hate it when kits are so figgin complex they try to steal the attention that the turned part should be getting. There's a reason women typically don't wear yellow gold and white gold rings on the same hand, they clash. Likewise these kits suppliers are putting out now a day are doing the same thing.

If I had my way I'd figure out a way to remove that horrible clamshell looking section and turn a piece to go in there that matches the body of the pen.

As far as the actual pens, I like the first blank well enough. Too much meat on the bone for me, but as you said people with arthritis love the larger bodies. The second blank, I like the shape but not the color combo in the blank itself.

Top Bottom