Ugly but unique

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PaulDoug

PaulDoug

These are not "pretty" pens, but unique. PSI's Civil War pen done with elk antler. I made it for a guy I use to work with years ago that is a big black powder shooter. When I saw these pens I thought of him. I'm going to send it to him as a suprise. Haven't actually talked to him in 5 or 6 years but we e-mail each other

Attachments

• sIMG_1408.jpg
    sIMG_1408.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 384
  • sIMG_1409.jpg
    sIMG_1409.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 325
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Is the design of the parts supposed to represent musket shot? or is it just "the Design" Mike

GaryMadore

Is the design of the parts supposed to represent musket shot? or is it just "the Design" Mike

If I'm not mistaken (and I often am! (grin)), we're looking at a .44 ball on the left and a .55 ball on the right. Taking a step farther out on the limb, I'm gonna guess that the pistol round was in cartridge form and the .55 was olde school.

Close?

Cheers!

Gary

KenBrasier

Close, the nib end is replica 44 Caliper 1860 Colt Army Revolver bullet, abd the clip end is a 58 Caliper Minie" Ball. They are actually a pretty nice pen to make.

jbostian

I am planning on making one of those for my dad, he is a big Civil War buff. I have a question for you. I noticed this pen uses a 3/8" tube like the PSI's executive and gemini pen. What are the dimensions are the bushings for this pen? I already have bushings for both the exective and gemini and wondering if they are close to the same size bushing as the Civil War pen. Save myself a few dollars and not buy the bushings.

Thanks,
Jamie

bitshird

Funny I've been thinking about doing one or two since I live a few miles from Shilo Battlefield and there are some tourist traps near there.

jaeger

I've been looking at some "civil war" on ebay and have come across some "authentic" wood with bullets in them. If a guy could find the right size, this would make a COOL pen box or display for this pen.

PaulDoug

I am planning on making one of those for my dad, he is a big Civil War buff. I have a question for you. I noticed this pen uses a 3/8" tube like the PSI's executive and gemini pen. What are the dimensions are the bushings for this pen? I already have bushings for both the exective and gemini and wondering if they are close to the same size bushing as the Civil War pen. Save myself a few dollars and not buy the bushings.

Thanks,
Jamie

According to my caliper the outside diameter of the big bushing is 37/64 in. The small one is 31/64 in.

Top Bottom