Ugh! Finally

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Flaturner

Flaturner

after a year and a half of having a lathe and not having the funds to do anything with it, I bit the bullet and bought some kits and did some initial turnings from the PSI Slimline Starter Kit (Photos coming soon). My wife decided that she wanted to give some pens to our sons and daughters-in-law for Christmas. A little more bullet biting and I came up with the cash to buy some Trimlines for the girls and Designer NTs for the guys. She picked the wood and kits for PSI's Design Studio feature and selected Goldrush and Southwest laminates. After a few false starts and other problems, I did finish one set of pens. I may relate some of the other problems in the Penturning Forum later. Well, anyway, here a pictures of the set ready to ship up north. And I know I am no photographer and it is a lower-middle grade point-and-shoot camera.

Attachments

• His and Hers Gunmetal Pens in Goldrush Laminate .JPG
    His and Hers Gunmetal Pens in Goldrush Laminate .JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 317
  • His PSI Gunmetal Designer NT in Goldrush Laminate.JPG
    His PSI Gunmetal Designer NT in Goldrush Laminate.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 214
  • Hers PSI Gunmetal Trimline in Goldrush Laminate.JPG
    Hers PSI Gunmetal Trimline in Goldrush Laminate.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 153
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Your wife did good in her selections. Your turnings are well produced also. Your sons and daughter-in-laws will cherish these wonderful gifts for many years to come. I still find the Slimline pens among the hardest to get exactly correct of all the kits. Good work. Congratulations.
Charles

Jim Burr

Banned
Nice work JD!! Kids always appreciate gifts like these from mom and pop. PM me if you need any wood...have tons!!

Mapster

Good job! Those aren't the easiest blanks to start with either, they are a little dense... Very nice, too bad we don't get to see them. A little work on smoothing out the curves, and a little bushing work and you are set! Tons better than my first few, I can sure tell you that much :biggrin:

Top Bottom