TX Experiments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Swagopenturner

A short time ago, I sent MarkD some native Texas woods (Cholla Cactus, Christmas Cactus, Prickly Pear Loofah, and Lote Bush), to see what he could do with stabilizing and casting some of them. Some turned out better than others, but take a look and let me know what you think. The Hemlock cones were provided by MarkD. Thanks to MarkD!
The first one is a Southwest with Cholla, #2 is a Cowboy with Cholla, the middle one is a Metro with Hemlock Cones, #4 is a Sedona in Lote Bush, and the last one is an Executive with Loofah.

Attachments

• IMG_4701.jpg
    IMG_4701.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_4702.jpg
    IMG_4702.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_4703.jpg
    IMG_4703.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_4704.jpg
    IMG_4704.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_4705.jpg
    IMG_4705.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Thanks for posting pictures Mark. I was curious as to how they would turn out. My favorite of the bunch is the 2nd from the right ( the blue resin ). I believe that was either Christmas Cactus or Lote Bush. Sorry, I stabilized the Christmas Cactus and Lote Bush at the same time and then couldn't tell them apart :) I expect the one to the far right is the Loofah? As expected, the Loofah isn't very visible from the picture.

Joe_C

Didn't know there was a loofah wood, so I'm guessing that's a loofah sponge. Yes, No, maybe? :rolleyes:

I love to research words...

noun 1. a coarse, fibrous cylindrical object used like a bath sponge for washing. It consists of the dried fibrous matter of the fluid-transport system of a marrowlike fruit

a.k.a. Gourd guts! :rolleyes:

OK, it is Loofah Sponge, but it is from Prickly Pear Cactus! Even though the Loofah did not turn out as I thought it would, I think it is pretty cool!

MarkD

Mark, It's hard to tell from the picture but is any of the loofah visible in the finished blank?

Top Bottom