Two from yesterday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ladycop322

ladycop322

I created these pens yesterday on my new JET 1015VS...wow what a difference....I was using a Craftsman and it was so loud! I can turn at midnight now and not wake the neighbors lol hahahahahaha

I poured my own resin and added acacia leaves for the Celtic as requested by my client.

The Triton Ballpoint is going to be a set consisting of a matching Triton FP. Have not had the chance to make that one yet....it's next.

Attachments

• TRITON.jpg
    TRITON.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 386
  • CELTIC.jpg
    CELTIC.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 422
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BJohn

Hey Michelle look good. I am not a big fan of thick barrels a personal preference. I really like the second one. Would like to get a better look at the first the picture kind of blurry.

These done on your new lathe?

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Very nice - the Triton is one of my favorite kits
Any particular type of acacia? The leaves have a nice golden look - did you just let them dry naturally before casting?

ladycop322

Ed,

I found them about 4 months ago when horseback riding :) I made a Celtic just like the one posted earlier but in red! One of the nurses I work with saw it and asked for one in blue :)

OZturner

Commisions! The idel way to go, Michele,
Beautiful Blanks. The Timber looks interesting, while the Blue Acacia, looks Spectacular.
Nice Fit and Finish. Like John, I too am not a lover of thick Blanks, but the Customer is always right.
To save my aging eye's could you try to get a little closer with the Photographs please.
Great Work,
Brian.

BSea

You did a great job on the blue pen. What did you use to color the resin? And did you use alumilite or PR?

Can't wait to see the Triton matched with the fountain pen. Do you think the ballpoint version feels a little off balance? I've done some Jr Gent ballpoints. I like the way they look, but they don't feel well balanced to me.

ladycop322

I use alumilite clear with dark blue and white dyes....a couple of drops of each until I reached the desired 'light' blue the client requested.

I love the Triton! It looks good, feels good and overall is a great pen. I will be making the fountain pen this week....

TonyL

I use alumilite clear with dark blue and white dyes....a couple of drops of each until I reached the desired 'light' blue the client requested.

I love the Triton! It looks good, feels good and overall is a great pen. I will be making the fountain pen this week....

Very nice Michelle. Did you use mold release with the clear Alumilte? Did you place under pressure, and lastly, did you use PVC or similar tubes as molds, or silicone moldes? Thank you!

I am having more success to poly resin, but do like Alumilite. Very nice job!

ladycop322

Ed, I am using the bushings that match the pen component (kit) and I am squaring the ends with a barrel trimmer on my hand held drill....but since going to the JET, I am in the process of doing everything on the lathe....no more drill press or hand held drilling/squaring....

Michelle

Top Bottom