Two wood sandwiches

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim Burr

Jim Burr

Banned
Friend on another forum said "What about 2 woods in the sandwich?" I said why not! So having lots of blood wood and walnut just doing nothing...more sandwiching. Same old aluminum, but both blew up in 3 separate pieces last night
mad.gif
eek.gif
. Finished one, but the other took so much CA that I ran out of accelerator. Worked it for over an hour this morning...wasn't going to give up on these! I learned that metal prep is huge! I was knocking it down with a wire brush and clamping together with epoxy. Looking at the exploded parts, the proof of adhesion wasn't there
frown.gif
. Just got a package of 24 gauge copper...wonder what we can do with that? C&C always used on the next one. Enjoy and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• set.jpg
    set.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 321
  • set2.jpg
    set2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 253
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Holy cow that's awesome! I love the curvy shapes in the barrel!

How did you put those together before turning??

Thanks folks!!
I stacked one on top of the other, ran it through the band saw so I'd have a mirror. Swapped the pieces, cut the metal, pressed it in the vise to form it, mixed the epoxy and slammed it back in the vise. Then I just curve cut the blank and try it again. The fun part is seeing what comes out of the mix when you're done!

Top Bottom