two tru stones made with new woodchuck!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Matt8643

Matt8643

Man, I love my new woodchuck pen pro!! I just received it a few days ago and decided to break out a black tru stone I had started a week ago but had to put aside because I was spending more time sharpening than turning. I turned it so much faster than I was able to with my hss chisels I decided to do a white tru stone. In the past I have had two white tru stones crack on me while turning but this one came out nice. Love the pen pro!!

Here is a black Patrizio in chrome and a MajecticJr in gold and rhodium. All comments and critiques welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_2008.JPG
    IMG_2008.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2014.JPG
    IMG_2014.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_2015.JPG
    IMG_2015.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_2022.JPG
    IMG_2022.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 146
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

That is a couple of beautiful pens. I truly like my Wooschuck. I bought the bowl pro because it can be used as a pen tool as well as a larger turning tool.
Ken makes some very impressive tools.
Charles

Old Lar

Nice looking pens!! Like Charles, I bought a bowl chuck and use it on both pens and bowls. It has never disappointed me.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Very nice pens. Carbide tools make a huge difference in truestone. Your finish is spot on!

One suggestion (on pictures)... Your white balance is off - if you tweak them just a little bit it will make them stand out even more (here is two I tweaked for you in just the built in preview tool on my mac - similar can be done on a pc).

Attachments

• IMG_2008.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2022.jpg
    IMG_2022.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 127

Matt8643

Alphageek- thanks for the photo tip- you made my pics look awesome!

Pauldog-I'm liking the Patrizo pens too. I don't care for the looks of the Gatsby pens but wanted to try a simple and fairly inexpensive kit. The Patrizio fit the bill for me.

I'll say it one more time- love the woodchuck pen pro! Cant believe how easily it handled that black tru stone.

Top Bottom