Two Tritons - Gold & Chrome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

I tried two different Triton kits tonight. One was a chrome with satin chrome accents (bear tooth woods). I mated it with a candy stripe - dark red resin blank with pearl stripes from Exotic.

The second is a chrome and gold accent Triton from Exotic, wrapped with a copperhead snake skin from Seamus (great job as usual, Seamus!).

C & C welcome.

Attachments

• Triton Candy Closed.jpg
    Triton Candy Closed.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Triton Candy.jpg
    Triton Candy.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 196
  • Triton Copperhead Closed.jpg
    Triton Copperhead Closed.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 193
  • Triton Copperhead.jpg
    Triton Copperhead.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 203
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

What is your opinion of the Triton kit??? Can you give us a little insight as to the making of your pens??? Do you like the fit of the parts?? Do you like the amount of material left on the blanks??? Do you like the design. ??? I think this should happen a little bit more when people show their pens.

By the way nice job with both of them. thanks for showing.

elkhorn

Thank you for the compliments, everyone, they're very much appreciated.

John T, good idea. I'll try to answer some of your questions.
Can you give us a little insight as to the making of your pens??? -- not quite sure what you're looking for with this one.
Do you like the fit of the parts?? - Yes. I think the components are well made and fit together quite nicely.
Do you like the amount of material left on the blanks??? - Yes, there is plenty of design opportunity if that's what you're asking. Also, I've never had any problems with any tube on blanks, like watch parts, with this kit.
Do you like the design? - I do like the design and I'm glad to see that Bear Tooth Woods is now carrying the chrome/satin chrome Tritons. I've been buying the chrome/gold from Exotic Blanks and at times wished they had Tritons without the gold. As a result, I ended up buying Jr. Statesman kits at twice the price of the Tritons.
Hope that answers your questions. Anything else you'd like, just shoot me a PM.

jttheclockman

Thank you for the compliments, everyone, they're very much appreciated.

John T, good idea. I'll try to answer some of your questions.
Can you give us a little insight as to the making of your pens??? -- not quite sure what you're looking for with this one.
Do you like the fit of the parts?? - Yes. I think the components are well made and fit together quite nicely.
Do you like the amount of material left on the blanks??? - Yes, there is plenty of design opportunity if that's what you're asking. Also, I've never had any problems with any tube on blanks, like watch parts, with this kit.
Do you like the design? - I do like the design and I'm glad to see that Bear Tooth Woods is now carrying the chrome/satin chrome Tritons. I've been buying the chrome/gold from Exotic Blanks and at times wished they had Tritons without the gold. As a result, I ended up buying Jr. Statesman kits at twice the price of the Tritons.
Hope that answers your questions. Anything else you'd like, just shoot me a PM.

Good point. It sort of a mini review of the kit you used. may help others as they look at pen photos. I use the Tritons also and happen to like them as well for many of the reasons you gave. Thanks

MarkD

Great looking pens!
I am also a fan of the Tritons however I like to use the longer Jr Gent II lower tube with them.

MarkD

Great looking pens!
I am also a fan of the Tritons however I like to use the longer Jr Gent II lower tube with them.

INTERESTING:rolleyes:

How does everything else work out??? Are there any do's and don't's ???

The only problem with using the Jr Gent II lower tube is that you need to add a spacer in the end cap when using as a rollerball. I cut a piece of 1/4" dowel ( I believe it's .230 long ) and use a drop of CA to hold it down in the end cap.

elkhorn

Thanks, Mark & John. I appreciate the kind words.

Mark, thanks for the insight on using the Jr. Gent tube. I'll have to give it a try. Do you do it for the aesthetics only, or is there another reason?

MarkD

I do it for the feel and the aesthetics only. The standard length just looks and feels too short to me.

magpens

Gorgeous pens !!!!! I like the first one best ... am really taken by the chrome and satin look .... thanks a lot for posting and making me aware of that kit from Ernie.

Top Bottom